The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
cutterOffline
Post subject: How to improve this board.  PostPosted: May 29, 2003 - 08:51 PM
R.C.Guild-A
R.C.Guild-A

Hello all,

If you have a suggestion on how to improve this message board, we will take it under consideration.

This may include, adding forums, additional features, or anything else that our members or viewers may feel, will improve upon our ability to make this the best record collecting forum on the internet.

We are open to suggestions!

Regards,
cutter

.... for the betterment of record collecting

Reply with quote Back to top
deadhead daveOffline
Post subject: sellers  PostPosted: Aug 31, 2003 - 05:42 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Amember of this board sent me a p.m. asking what to do about deadbeat sellers here. This person has had a less than desirable experiance trying to deal with another member. I dont know all specifics but I am sure they will become public as this person is sure the other has a long history of ripping people off. This may be an early wake up call for something to be done to try to stop this type stuff. I would think there are several things that could be done tohelp this problem like sellers have to register, although the person in question is also a member. A volantary feedback or seller rating system would be great. I realize a feedback system can be used in a bad way,but it would be better than nothing. Im sure you guys have had thoughts about this already, it might be time to impliment them.

thanks Cool Dave

whirlingdiscOffline
Post subject: Trivia Board  PostPosted: Feb 04, 2004 - 07:33 PM
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

Let's make one!! I think the interest and knowledge base is there and it'll certainly be fun!!
Ralf

I went back and re-read this...didn't make sense!! To clarify...I'm suggesting we create a trivia board!
Ralf

jackcaptureOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 04, 2004 - 10:01 PM
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

Whoa Ralf--you changed your name! You'd better make an announcement...we're too old to try to keep up with this stuff. Smile

whirlingdiscOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 05, 2004 - 05:59 AM
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

Jack--see the explanation under the 45rpm category.
Ralf

A_Guest
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 14, 2004 - 07:18 AM
Former Member

I know one way you can improve the board - scratch phpBB and go with SMF (http://www.simplemachines.org) instead. It has everything this forum has and more, and is much easier to upgrade. It even includes a built-in spell check feature (which requires the pSpell library for PHP).

keelerphoto
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 14, 2004 - 07:29 AM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

a hate spam,,,,givem hell harry,,,,,

cutterOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 14, 2004 - 10:20 AM
R.C.Guild-A
R.C.Guild-A

A_guest,

Thanks for the suggestion. But, no thanks! First, I do not like the looks of the simple machines forum. Next, it cannot possibly have the support structure that phpbb has. Additionally, it is really no faster than the phpbb program. Finally, obviously you did not notice that this message board also possesses a spell checker.

Other considerations are, phpbb will release a CMS program (portal) that will be packaged with their wildly popular forums. Also, the webmaster of the Record Collectors Guild is familiar and comfortable with phpbb products.

Thanks again for the suggestion. I am sure that your efforts to promote the simple machines program will pay of if you continue to spam enough message boards. But then again, maybe not.

Regards,
cutter

A_Guest
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 14, 2004 - 01:07 PM
Former Member

Look... I was only suggesting that you consider it. I was not trying to spam or anything. I know this board has a spell checker. That's why I mentioned it. If you want to stick with phpBB, that's fine. A simple "thanks for the suggestion but we're happy with phpBB and plan to stick with it" would have been fine. I would like to respond to some of your comments, but do not want to turn this into a big argument, so I won't. Please contact me at rockinandrollin@mail.com if you wish to discuss this any further. Oh, and just for the record - This is the default theme for SMF.

cutterOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 15, 2004 - 07:55 AM
R.C.Guild-A
R.C.Guild-A

A_Guest,

Hey, thanks for the follow-up. OK, I understand now that you were just making a suggestion. I guess even Administrators can come across a little strong.

Thanks for the suggestion but we're happy with phpBB and plan to stick with it.

Regards,
cutter

Jump to: