The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
vinylundergroundOffline
Post subject: Staind, Shinedown, Chevelle, and Halestorm in Columbia, MD  PostPosted: Jul 10, 2009 - 12:06 AM
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

Hi all,

I just returned from the Staind, Shinedown, Chevelle, and Halestorm at Merriweather Post Pavilion in Columbia, Maryland. The show was excellent with everyone totally psyched about the entire line-up.

I will say that I was really in attendance to see Shinedown and Chevelle for the most part. Although Staind was billed as the "Headliners", in my opinion Shinedown stole the show and just generally got the whole place rocking.

I took my three sons with me and we all had a great time. It was the first concert for my 16 and 18 year old boys which really tickled the "old man".

The tickets that I originally purchased were for the mosh pit but I did eventually exchange them for some rather decent seats. With service charges, the tickets came to about $200.00 (USD) which were pretty cheap considering the seating arrangement.

Like all music events, everything else cost an arm and a leg. Bottled beer (aluminum bottles) ran 8 dollars a pop which put a big hole in my pocket. Even still, I would have paid triple the price because of the entire experience of having my sons with me.

It was a FANTASTIC time!

Jeff

I have taken a number of photos which I will include at a later time.

Reply with quote Back to top
kat1370Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 10, 2009 - 09:36 AM
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

Nice post, Jeff. I can relate to the whole "kid" experience.

I've taken my oldest to see the 1964, James Taylor, and the Dixie Chicks over the years. She wasn't old enough to attend anything heavier. Now that she's older I really look forward to seeing Metallica with her this fall. We made a promise that we would take her to see them when she was old enough. She thinks that she's a "seasoned concert veteran" since I let her go with friends to see Good Charlotte last summer. That's kid's stuff compared to The Mighty Met!!!

My youngest just attended her first show a few months ago. 1964 returned to Cleveland for a small hall show on Hall of Fame weekend. The look on her face was priceless!!!

I'm just glad they both like music...new and old. Seems like your boys are the same. Enjoy it while you can! Wink

Reply with quote Back to top
Jump to: