The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
dkellowayOffline
Post subject: Classical records with great orchestra hits  PostPosted: Nov 03, 2009 - 01:52 PM
Level 2
Level 2

I've dug through some Ennio Morricone records and I found some good orchestra "hits" or "stabs" on it, and I was wondering if there was anything else I should check out for these nice stabs?

thanks

Reply with quote Back to top
weletthegoldfishgoOffline
Post subject: RE: Classical records with great orchestra hits  PostPosted: Nov 03, 2009 - 04:33 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

I'm not sure I understand your language. Nice ''stabs''?

dkellowayOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Classical records with great orchestra hits  PostPosted: Nov 03, 2009 - 05:03 PM
Level 2
Level 2

weletthegoldfishgo wrote:
I'm not sure I understand your language. Nice ''stabs''?

i will give you an example. Check this: i uploaded a snippet of a song to show you what i mean. It's basically a sharp "hit" of an orchestral instrument: http://www.zshare.net/audio/67922641e1354a2c/

weletthegoldfishgoOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Classical records with great orchestra hits  PostPosted: Nov 03, 2009 - 06:47 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

So you're referring to the percussion instrument, the tympanny, getting hit sharply? I'm sure you're interested in other instruments, too.

Check into Igor Stravinsky's PETROUCHKA and RIGHT OF SPRING for starters. There are many composers with much music to choose from for this type of scenario, especially from 20th Century composers like Stravinsky, Shoshtakovich, Bartok, and Prokofiev. You may even find something in the American Composer Aaron Copeland.

Then check into Wagner and Beethoven. Maybe some Franz Liszt.

Jump to: