The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
lamasOffline
Post subject: ELMORE JAMES DUST MY BLUES  PostPosted: Nov 13, 2009 - 05:20 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Location: Warwick ( 8 miles NE of Stratford Upon Avon ) England
I have just seen this section.and NOBODY has posted in it yet..........so this post is the FIRST

I am going to review my favourite record

I wrote the following in the SUE APPRECIATION SOCIETY thread of the SOUL SECTION

" DUST MY BLUES is such a wonderful record ( .I think AWESOME might be a better way to describe it ).that I did what I never normaly did I bought the LP first and then....................and then.... ..................and then I BOUGHT THE SINGLE...I mean that is quite unheard of when you are young and short of money......................it is THAT GOOD

WI 334 DUST MY BLUES / HAPPY HOME "

I bought it back in 1965..........when i first came across Elmore I could not belive how INTENSE his vocals were

Dust my Blues finds him doin a remake of a classic song.one he had recorded before as DUST MY BROOM

The BOTTLE NECK SLIDE guitar is nothing short of SUPERB.and frankly .i would not change a note .a TRUE masterpiece

It came out ( twice ) on KENT in the US

Ihave it lots of times.my favourite is on an LP issued by ACE.......at the start of the track they have inserted ELMORE shouting. LETS CUT IT .......LETS CUT IT .and then it goes straight into the track

Reply with quote Back to top
PaceyOffline
Post subject: RE: ELMORE JAMES DUST MY BLUES  PostPosted: Nov 13, 2009 - 05:49 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

Which version does the Sue 45 use? I've only got the first Trumpet 78 version and other ones on compilation LPs...

scotapellOffline
Post subject: RE: ELMORE JAMES DUST MY BLUES  PostPosted: Nov 13, 2009 - 06:06 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

Elmore's Dust my Blues was first released on Flair-Part of the Modern records family-in 1955.

PaceyOffline
Post subject: RE: ELMORE JAMES DUST MY BLUES  PostPosted: Nov 13, 2009 - 06:31 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

Was 'Broom' ever re-recorded by him? If I remember it was a slower, not so exciting version as the later ones..

lamasOffline
Post subject: RE: ELMORE JAMES DUST MY BLUES  PostPosted: Nov 14, 2009 - 05:50 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Location: Warwick ( 8 miles NE of Stratford Upon Avon ) England
Quote:

Was 'Broom' ever re-recorded by him? If I remember it was a slower, not so exciting version as the later ones..

Yes it was........and you are correct Pacey BROOM is much less exciting....i

I should say that DUST MY BLUES......... IS EXCITING.......... if I had not made that clear

THE UK SUE is the same as the re-issues on KENT ...........which should be the same as the FLAIR

stephenjayeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 14, 2009 - 09:15 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

"I Believe" on Meteor 5000 was a great re-working of Elmore's Trumpet release "Dust My Broom".

Jump to: