The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
deadringerOffline
Post subject: Another New Post  PostPosted: Apr 23, 2006 - 07:36 PM
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

Sorry it took so long to post again (Please see my other thread). Sometimes stuff just happens and you have to put your life on hold.

I was going to do the last chapter, then work up to it. I'm still working on that, but I'd finished this one and thought I should post it. Actually I'm working on the next one, which is about Donovan's Reedy River, the Homoginized Beatles, Ren I and II and about a whole bunch of soap.

Anyway, I'm poking along. I'll try to be faster in the future.

Best to all,

Ken

Oh yes, I have proof read, but I'm not very good at it, so please forgive any small errors

Reply with quote Back to top
sluggoOffline
Post subject: ken you ol` rascal...  PostPosted: May 05, 2006 - 12:38 PM
Level 5
Level 5

Can`t thank you enough for telling your tales man..I bought my first boot lp , My God back in 71 ?72?.. and have never looked back...I read heylin`s book three times and bought copies for a couple friends but now that you are thinking of publishing i can`t wait to get my hands on a book about real involvement..I buy a few copies myself..thanks for a lifetime of fun from this side of the platter...
sluggo

deadringerOffline
Post subject: Back for the Long Haul  PostPosted: Nov 15, 2009 - 12:21 AM
Level 4
Level 4

Hello all,

Itís been awhile since I posted here and I feel badly about it, but sometimes life gets in the way of what youíd like to be doing.

Vesta and I have moved from Oregon, which was a horrible place for us, to Reno, which is a great place. Itís not the ocean and itís not Paris, but itís pretty damn good. Our lives had gone so far south that I thought we were never gonna get outta there. We survived by drinking fine wine, a lot of it.

Donít have to do that now, so now we drink in moderation and not because we have to black out the bad. That bad is still back there and sometimes we have to go there, but we put rock and roll on the stereo, drive with the windows open, no matter how cold it is and pray we donít get killed when we pass those eighteen wheelers in the pouring rain on that two lane road. There is something to be said for freeways or interstates or highways or whatever you want to call them.

Since Iíve posted here Iíve done a new book, confessed that I was also writing under the name Jack Stewart, gotten an ingrown toenail, bought a couple new Macs, restored an old car, got a cat, got a parrot back that weíd given away fifteen years ago, tried Windows and didnít like it, learned that Iím not very good at blackjack, discovered thrift shops and Iím currently doing that write a novel in November thing. The month is half over and Iím not quite half done, so tomorrow Iím going to unplug the cable modem.

I do have more stories to tell, but I donít know if I can do them in order. Iíll try and Iíll try to post regularly. Shouldnít be too hard, since our lives are way way better now, so much better that I canít put it into words. Itís good when you can spend most of your days with a smile on your face and itís good that my fingers can make words with the keys without having to struggle at it.

Right now Iím listening to a boot of Bob Dylan at Rothbury, MI that I downloaded about an hour ago. Christ, this is a good show, good sound, Bob Dylan with that good old magic, doesnít get better than this.

Nothing from me tomorrow, but the next day Iíll be back with something for the ďIt Coulda Happened this Way thread.

Best to you all,

Ken

sluggoOffline
Post subject: in for the long haul  PostPosted: Nov 15, 2009 - 08:27 AM
Level 5
Level 5

came down and checked my email this a.m. and there it was..a notification from record collectors guild that there was a new post on an old old thread I had been following..I couldn`t even recall what the old thread was so I hit the link and wham..there it is like an friend out of the blue , an update from Ken...
thrilled to see you back here man, take your time and tell all the tales you can think about the glory days of tmoq........

welcome back..
sluggo

mackdaddygOffline
Post subject: RE: in for the long haul  PostPosted: Nov 15, 2009 - 02:57 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

I second that, sir. Your posts have been very interesting, to say the least. Please post whenever you can. It will always be warmly welcomed.

KB15Offline
Post subject: RE: in for the long haul  PostPosted: Nov 15, 2009 - 08:27 PM
Level 2
Level 2

Great to have you back. Your stories are so interesting and so well written. I am looking forward to them.

deadringerOffline
Post subject: Real Names, Mostly  PostPosted: Nov 18, 2009 - 09:36 PM
Level 4
Level 4

A couple things. I am lamenting the lack of an edit button on these boards, because even though I try to proof read, sometimes a typo slips through Iíd like to fix. Anyhow thatís minor. But if thereís a way you all (forum people) can fix it so I can fix my mistakes, that would be cool.

The other thing is Iím sticking to real names, unless someone did something that could get them in trouble today, like Waterford (not his real name) marrying and doing the nasty with a fifteen year-old-girl. Also, if I disparage someone, like when I called Mel/Malcolm a dirty rotten, backstabbing rat, Iíll leave off their last name. And there are a couple people who have asked me not to used their last names. One person asked me not to talk about him at all, as heís pretty bloody successful now, but heís a big part of the story to come, so no last name for him, but he does get talked about. And lastly, Iíve been told it would be unwise to use the last name of law enforcement officials. I guess I get that.

Jump to: