The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PMannoneOffline
Post subject: Should I try it?  PostPosted: Jan 19, 2010 - 08:48 PM
Level 4
Level 4

I'm sure this has been discussed here before, but I haven't stumbled across it and don't really want to read all of the threads. Anyways, I bought about 5 or 6 45s today, some good stuff that I don't see around here normally, and they were all warped (or maybe more accurately, wavey, some pretty significantly), but at a quarter each, I was fine with taking my chances. Anyways, I got them home and played them, and they all play fine. I really can't here any changes when the stylus plays the "waves."

So my question is, should I attempt to flatten them (thinking about the two pieces of glass with a hair dryer or warm over method), or just leave them be? As I said they play fine, but I do DJ and would like to play them, so cueing them up may present a problem. I tested one, and about 1 in 4 times it skips after I cue it up and let go of the record. Or is it more risky trying to flatten them?

Like I said, this has probably been discussed, but a little input would be great. Thanks.

Reply with quote Back to top
Jump to: