The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
jendritzOffline
Post subject: New member  PostPosted: Feb 24, 2010 - 05:28 PM
Level 2
Level 2

Hello members, I am so glad that I happened upon this site. I have been retired for 2 years now and except for my motorcycle and cottage in the summer I was lacking for things to do in the winter. Alas my record collection of any kind of genre you might want.I have about 1000 lps and many 45s that I am starting to sell on ebay. I have about 50 elvis lps about 30 are still sealed.I have bought the Jerry Osbourne and Goldmine price guides and am learning slowly on how to sell. This site will be agreat help to me as I plan on reading it from top to bottom. Thank You

Reply with quote Back to top
hrtshpdbox
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 24, 2010 - 05:43 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Welcome to the RCG, Jen. After looking around, don't be afraid to ask questions - somebody will have a good answer for you almost every time. Try to listen to some of those records (the ones that aren't sealed) before they hit the selling block!

RidinTheWind
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 25, 2010 - 12:55 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Welcome!

CactusCowboyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 25, 2010 - 02:55 PM
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

Hello jendritz and welcome to the RCG.

You might check out the "Records" forum as an avenue for selling records.

MacJazzOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 25, 2010 - 05:23 PM
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

Well gang, it says "comment" and he commented.

jendritz we are very happy to have you here and look forward to your participation. One of the things you have helped on already is in showing there is no real place for a new member to sign in and be welcomed (and we do welcome all new members). We have an on-going discussion, on two or three threads, about what RCG is about, the services we provide and how new members are made a ware of them. I'm very glad to see you post here in "comments" as it shows that we still have work to do. We look forward to your input and help in solving some of our issues.

SID
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 25, 2010 - 05:31 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

MacJazz wrote:

jendritz we are very happy to have you here and look forward to your participation. One of the things you have helped on already is in showing there is no real place for a new member to sign in and be welcomed (and we do welcome all new members). We have an on-going discussion, on two or three threads, about what RCG is about, the services we provide and how new members are made a ware of them. I'm very glad to see you post here in "comments" as it shows that we still have work to do. We look forward to your input and help in solving some of our issues.

Good point,Mac ! We need to have a thread for new members to introduce themselves. It should be a 'sticky' in the 'About Our Members' topic. I've seen it in other sites and it works well.

tashaOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 25, 2010 - 06:25 PM
Level 5
Level 5

SID wrote:
MacJazz wrote:

Good point,Mac ! We need to have a thread for new members to introduce themselves. It should be a 'sticky' in the 'About Our Members' topic. I've seen it in other sites and it works well.

Welcome jendritz, this a great forum with great people. Surf around the whole place and you'll find loads of info to help you.

Make this another vote for a place for new members to introduce themselves. Mac and Sid have hit the nail on the head.

jackcaptureOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 25, 2010 - 08:16 PM
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

New member introductions is one of the reasons the About Our Members section was created. For the past few years that it has existed, that seems to be where such introductions have been made, and answered with lots of welcome. If we need to splinter it yet again, we can, but we have tried to keep the expanding number of sections under control to prevent endless scrolling.

jendritzOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 03, 2010 - 09:39 PM
Level 2
Level 2

jackcapture wrote:
New member introductions is one of the reasons the About Our Members section was created. For the past few years that it has existed, that seems to be where such introductions have been made, and answered with lots of welcome. If we need to splinter it yet again, we can, but we have tried to keep the expanding number of sections under control to prevent endless scrolling.
I am sorry I made such a fuss by logging on to the comments site. If I were a more patient type I surely would have taken more time to look around and picked a better forum to state my question. I already like the way you guys state your opinion on what you think is right,wrong or otherwise with a (tell me what you really think) answer. Thanks JJ

MacJazzOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 04, 2010 - 10:31 AM
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

No, you did just right. We are always a growing/learnng concern here and you helped a great deal. Do not feel at all like it is a problem. Feel like you are already helping to create a solution and thank you for your help! (Grin)

Jump to: