The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
KimmoOffline
Post subject: U2 - 360 in Helsinki 2nd show, on 21st August...  PostPosted: Aug 23, 2010 - 08:31 AM
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

...so, the show on saturday was great! top 50.000 people ( thats how many can get into the stadium ), sold out on two nights row, i was lucky to get part to the second show...

was so great to have some changes they did on showlist, including "new" songs, one totally new song, where Bono announced that no-one has heard that before, even the two of us" ... the clip is on you tube, a song calle Every Breaking Wave... nice, beauty acoustic number...and it was great to be one of the ones to hear its premiere! ...

I Will Follow takes it place for the first time on this tour, and it was gladly welcomed by crowd.

Atmosphere was great, the evening had a couple times we get some rain from the sky, but that does not ruined it at all, i think it just fits to the evening... as the band played last notes and get to the middle of the stage to wave bye-byes, crowd with Bono sings " I Singin In The Rain" ... it was nice end of the great evening...

Reply with quote Back to top
aravelOffline
Post subject: RE: U2 - 360 in Helsinki 2nd show, on 21st August...  PostPosted: Aug 23, 2010 - 10:26 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

::: what can I say...? Rolling Eyes

gypsyeyes wrote:

Now.......I know that aravel said that is an older photo of himself.
But let me tell ya, to me he looks pretty hot.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
KimmoOffline
Post subject: RE: U2 - 360 in Helsinki 2nd show, on 21st August...  PostPosted: Aug 25, 2010 - 02:12 AM
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

well, aravel, you were kind of "there" you know ... Very Happy

aravelOffline
Post subject: RE: U2 - 360 in Helsinki 2nd show, on 21st August...  PostPosted: Aug 25, 2010 - 10:36 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

::: Kimmo!

great news, Moses, my younger brother, also a U2 fan has downloaded the Audio from Helsink 1 and Helsinki 2!

He's the expert about U2, Cure, Muse, DM and others bootleg shows, he also is the one who mantains phisically clean the U2 collection and the rest of Lps and cds that we've put together since we were teens....I'm paying him a visit to his home next week end, so I can get the audio files for that Great Show. U2 sites where boots have been uploaded said that Helsinki 2 had a file sharing of 1000 downloads in 3 hours!!

Also look for an user named U2006 (U2gigs) at YouTube, he has uploaded the entire 360 European Leg from 2009 and the shows that the band has played since Turin, early this month. He has amazing video quality clips of the helsinki shows!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REQLm1cQ4hc

great stuff to re-live the show Kimmo! Mr. Green

gypsyeyes wrote:

Now.......I know that aravel said that is an older photo of himself.
But let me tell ya, to me he looks pretty hot.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
KimmoOffline
Post subject: RE: U2 - 360 in Helsinki 2nd show, on 21st August...  PostPosted: Aug 25, 2010 - 11:18 AM
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

Very Happy thanks aravel!!!

lookin eagerly to get those shows on to listen to, and as you say, re-live the evening... Very Happy

i guess one of the reason for the lot downloads for night 2 is the new tune ... well, the show was good one overall, but that new track certainly is something "new" ...

gotta say, now, a few days back, i have aware how great evening and the show was ... reading reviews afeter Helsinki gigs, seems many are thinkin the evening 2 was great, better than the first night, and many also rank the second night one of the best shows for the band ...

Jump to: