The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
carrotsyumOffline
Post subject: Online catalog  PostPosted: Oct 09, 2010 - 02:43 PM
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all! As my collection goes I turned my search online for a site that helps to catalog, based on what I'm reading I don't think I'm going to find what I'm looking for..but thought I'd post and at the very least introduce myself. There are a couple sites that I think are perfect models for vinyl cataloging, if anybody knows of any like this please let me know!

For comic book collectors, here is a site that you can register your own comics for with a pricing guide. http://www.comicspriceguide.com/

For book collectors, there is a site that works on a 'credit' system for trades...but it also has the ability to search by ISBN or other methods. http://www.paperbackswap.com/

Both of these sites have the ability to sign up and create your own inventory, something like this for vinyl would be perfect! Does anybody know if anything like this exists?

Reply with quote Back to top
Global_Dog_ProductionsOffline
Post subject: RE: Online catalog  PostPosted: Oct 09, 2010 - 08:50 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Discogs or Rate Your Music will do this for you. If you bother to search here are others on previous threads including some where all you have to do is enter the barcode on a CD and it has all the information including the entire song listening without having to input anything but the barcode.

carrotsyumOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 09, 2010 - 08:59 PM
Level 1
Level 1

That's perfect!! I'll check it out now, thank you!! Very Happy

kreetikOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 12, 2010 - 11:29 AM
Level 1
Level 1

Discogs is an amazing website. If any body out there is running Linux, I highly suggest installing GCStar Collections software. You can catalog catalog any collection, but I only use it for music. All you do is type in the title of the record or CD, and the software downloads the track information, prodeucer, and everything else from Discogs. Only with my very rare and unusual items did I have to input all the information myself. I cataloged my whole collection in one weekend. Can't recommend it enough. Ofcourse, it's a free software, too. If you've got Ubuntu, like me, just go to your Software Center and download it from there.

Rafter242Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 12, 2010 - 12:02 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

I agree with Global Dog, Discogs and RYM are great.
Also check out Record Nerd and Dead Format.

Jump to: