The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
grfisherOffline
Post subject: Cataloguing system for 78s/45s - Music Catalogue Master?  PostPosted: Aug 27, 2009 - 05:00 AM
Level 3
Level 3

I stumbled across the Music Catalogue Master by Kix Software. I love the idea of creating my own fully searchable database, but it doesn't seem to work for 78s or 45s, only 33s and cds. I guess one could enter all the info on every record manually, but the whole idea of this service is to have it input it for you. Anybody familiar with it and know if it will work for 78/45s, or if not, something similar that will? I haven't been planning to create a database, but since I found this I'm already spoiled to just the idea of it!

Reply with quote Back to top
annaloogOffline
Post subject: Re: Cataloguing system for 78s/45s - Music Catalogue Master?  PostPosted: Aug 27, 2009 - 12:31 PM
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

grfisher wrote:
... I guess one could enter all the info on every record manually, but the whole idea of this service is to have it input it for you....
I suppose that's fine if you do not object to relying on someone else's typos or preferred spellings in your 'personal' data base, or to anonymous data miners monitoring your collection.

Acc. to Kix Software's web site users of their s/w have catalogued their 78s and cassettes, but no mention of 45s, despite links to 45-rpm web sites. Apparently, it's for MS Windows only.

WaxedOffline
Post subject: Software  PostPosted: Aug 28, 2009 - 03:01 PM
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I wrote a software especially for all vinyl collectors needs. You can give it a try - and everything you might miss - I'll add.

Check it out: www.deluria.ch

Michael

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
DewiOffline
Post subject: RE: Software  PostPosted: Jan 24, 2011 - 04:15 PM
Level 1
Level 1

Michael - downloaded the new version and cannot get it to run on windows7 - I 'unpacked it' OK - then it allowed me to create a new collection - then nothing - none of the icons are 'alive' - so I removed the old version and the new version and downloaded it again - unpacked and installed but same problem - any ideas??

Jump to: