The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
chickenlipsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 27, 2011 - 03:46 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Same here, it seems to quicken when i get onto the forums, but the main page can take an age to load. Occassionaly when browsing or posting it freezes up and results in multiple posts when i try to refresh.

Reply with quote Back to top
jcyoung13Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 31, 2011 - 10:22 AM
Level 3
Level 3

I've been using this forum for about a year now, and I've never seen a worse server than RCG. It's constantly screwed up. PostNuke sucks.

MoserOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 31, 2011 - 11:00 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

It's gotten a little better for me in the last few days.

RidinTheWind
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 06, 2011 - 01:31 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

There were some problems last week, even when only a few users were on the site. It seems that problems tend to occur later in the afternoon, around 1:30 PM to 2:30 PM EST.

mackdaddygOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 06, 2011 - 08:19 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

I've noticed an improvement as of late, but last week it was really acting up for me.

I know the site runs somewhat on donations. Would some extra $$$ help get the site in a better place? I know nothing about how this kind of stuff works, but maybe an upgrade of some sort is necessary?

RidinTheWind
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 07, 2011 - 11:38 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

It could be that the server's parameters might need tweaked. Where I used to work, we had the same problem with connections being lost on a Netware server. Increasing the number of packet receive buffers and service processes solved the problem.

vinylundergroundOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 08, 2011 - 04:59 PM
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

Hi all,

First, thanks for your feedback and concern.

We understand the frustration that everyone goes through, when trying to access our Guild. We experience the same problems that everyone else does. Let me assure you that we are all working to resolve the slowdown in this site's performance. This includes upgrading the servers resources and eliminating post that are frivolous and a drain on our resources.

We will state that research is being conducted, that will increase speed and interaction with this site. This includes migrating to a new content managing system (CMS) and message board. We will also explore upgrading the server's random access memory (RAM) which will also speed up things. Whatever actions that we decide on, we will keep our loyal membership informed.

In any event, your concerns are not being ignored. We are very conscious of your concerns and certainly appreciate them.

Regards,
Jeff

Jump to: