The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
windbagOffline
Post subject: stak o wax 45 discographies  PostPosted: Feb 25, 2007 - 09:23 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

You guys do know about Ken Clee and those piles of binders, the mother of all those price guides, right?

http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/waxntoys/main/oldcust.htm

Reply with quote Back to top
swalker
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 29, 2007 - 01:59 PM
Level 4
Level 4

Thanks guys!!!

T-BoneOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 05, 2008 - 12:56 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Just want to thank Global Dog Productions for that wonderful page! I use it A LOT!

SteveSizemoreOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 19, 2009 - 07:43 PM
Level 1
Level 1

Global Dog Productions is the best label discography site I have seen, in my opinion.
Whoever came up with it and compiled it, a million thanks!
If you don't mind the gaps that any "hit records" label discography list has, ARSA (Airheads Radio Survey Archive) is a hidden treasure...
It is a favorite of many collector friends.
ARSA has compiled a great list of songs (many non national /only "regional local" hits) listed on local radio surveys, with the label index (serial numbers included) , the dates they charted, and even the station names whose surveys they showed up on!

Steve

Global_Dog_ProductionsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 20, 2009 - 12:02 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

SteveSizemore wrote:
Global Dog Productions is the best label discography site I have seen, in my opinion.
Whoever came up with it and compiled it, a million thanks!
Steve

You're welcome. I'm in the process of a major update, UK EPs and the Epic 5 prefix series mostly though some 78s most of you wouldn't be interested in and more fills to the Australian discographies. The Epic 5 prefix series is interesting in that in the US 9900-9999 weren't used but about half so far have been to be used in Europe. Likewise it appears the 7000 series was only OKeh US numbers in Canada, skipping the Memory Lane 2000 "5" prefix series for now.

Epic will be the first time Globaldog will try to do a major change in our listings. No only will matrix numbers be included but scans of labels (see Red Bird) and any picture sleeves we have. Over a thousand label scans will be there and the matrix numbers unfortunately are ugly do to sharing the numbering system with Columbia Records which it was a subsidiary of.

elguapo69Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 14, 2011 - 04:19 AM
Level 4
Level 4

There's a really great facebook group that has started about 45 labels, and anyone can contribute to it. It's grown really fast and there are hundreds if not nearing a thousand different labels of all different categories organized there. It's an awesome thing to peruse. They are always looking for more labels to add to the library. Check it out.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/10150091250590035?view=photos

Jump to: