The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
audiodenkerOffline
Post subject: good dealing with weletthegoldfishgo  PostPosted: Dec 11, 2011 - 10:01 AM
Level 5
Level 5

Records were just as described,fast shipping and a bonus record!
THANKS Barrie.
Now i have to listen to DSOTM,original
DSOTM, MFSL
DSOTM, 2011 immersion remastered 180 g vinyl
and see if i can tell the differences.I heard the MFSL is the 2nd best.
(original British press the best?)

Reply with quote Back to top
weletthegoldfishgoOffline
Post subject: RE: good dealing with weletthegoldfishgo  PostPosted: Dec 11, 2011 - 10:13 AM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

Thanks a million for the quick and easy deal. WOOHOO!

Maybe original blue triangle label UK is best, or maybe Japan Pro Use issue is best--only one of which is possibly affordable. And I watched one of those rising sun issues go for mid-$60's recently and cringed cause I am a little strapped for green backs at that moment. I guess if I'd been in the game, someone else would still own it since I think mid-$60's is about my limit for it. But it would be fun to get in the game....and eventually get one!

Have you heard the Pink Floyd WISHING YOU WERE HERE on CBS Mastersound? If you haven't and try to get one, make sure it's the second issue since the first was mastered without proper RIAA settings. Even though the first issue record is awesome, it isn't quite as awesome as it is with proper RIAA settings mastered into it.

That King Crimson was my fave issue until I got the recent 180 gram reish. And my good buddy and fellow RCGer metrognome has the UK pink island and says Editions EG is best. That's why I decided to put the EG on the market.

That Cold Blood S/T is a killer album if you like funky brassy raspy hot female vocals music. Side 2 is my fave. Side one will play with relatively little noise despite the three surface blemishes and that edge warp. It's a shame about the slight warp.

Happy listening! WOOHOO!

Baron_Saturday
Post subject: RE: good dealing with weletthegoldfishgo  PostPosted: Dec 16, 2011 - 10:33 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

I also want to shout a loud WOOHOO! out to Barrie. He is a great guy to barter with. I am really enjoying the Art Blakey 'Freedom Rider' LP he sent me. Thanks again, Barrie!

metrognome
Post subject: Re: RE: good dealing with weletthegoldfishgo  PostPosted: Dec 17, 2011 - 06:52 AM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

weletthegoldfishgo wrote:

And my good buddy and fellow RCGer metrognome has the UK pink island and says Editions EG is best. That's why I decided to put the EG on the market.

Pink rim, not full pink label. I've never had the pleasure of hearing that one, which everyone says is best.

Jump to: