The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PennFarmsOffline
Post subject: Country Mike...mike D of the Beastie Boys  PostPosted: Apr 07, 2006 - 06:57 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

I stumbled across this record on EBAY and thought it looked pretty interesteing. I noticed too that the orig copies sell for 200+ bucks, and that there are alot of unsold bootlegs on EBAY. Goldmine 4th even lists this record and mentions the bootlegs. But onto my qiestion...

Im just wondering what kind of music it is. Is it Mike D doing some country style stuff, or is it typical beasties stuff? Im tempted to bid on a bootleg just to hear it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/BEASTIE-BOYS-country-mikes-greatest-hits-ORIGINAL-LP_W0QQitemZ4851513550QQcategoryZ306QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Reply with quote Back to top
trainwreckOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 05, 2006 - 12:33 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

I should look at this genre more often...

did you ever get this? I have the BBoys CD anthology and there's one song "Country Mike's Theme" on it, and it's total crap musically, badly played C&W with singing in a phony twang. A novelty item for sure.

PennFarmsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 07, 2006 - 10:50 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Trainwreck...I never did get it, but am still tempted. Cheesy poorly made C&W ala Mike D just may worth a few laughs... thanks for the info TW

barbiedollspimpOffline
Post subject: Re: Country Mike...mike D of the Beastie Boys  PostPosted: Aug 08, 2011 - 02:15 AM
Level 5
Level 5

PennFarms wrote:
I stumbled across this record on EBAY and thought it looked pretty interesteing. I noticed too that the orig copies sell for 200+ bucks, and that there are alot of unsold bootlegs on EBAY. Goldmine 4th even lists this record and mentions the bootlegs. But onto my qiestion...

Im just wondering what kind of music it is. Is it Mike D doing some country style stuff, or is it typical beasties stuff? Im tempted to bid on a bootleg just to hear it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/BEASTIE-BOYS-country-mikes-greatest-hits-ORIGINAL-LP_W0QQitemZ4851513550QQcategoryZ306QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Country Mike's Greatest Hits is a side project album by mike d. it's a traditional country & western style album with comedy elements. it was only given to friends and family of the beastie boys on vinyl.

j_loopOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 08, 2011 - 04:22 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

PennFarms wrote:
Cheesy poorly made C&W ala Mike D

That pretty much sums it up. I have the vinyl boot and I think I paid around $20 for it. They pop up on eBay from time to time, you just have to keep checking. If you like the humorous side of the Beastie Boys I think you'll like it.

bommierockOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 18, 2011 - 07:11 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

I'm pretty sure that Mike D dropped too much acid and did'nt come out a a trip where he thought he was a C&W singer.They played along with it hoping that he would come out of his acid psychosis. Thus the resulting album

Leon

ShadySamOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 18, 2011 - 09:54 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

bommierock wrote:
I'm pretty sure that Mike D dropped too much acid and did'nt come out a a trip where he thought he was a C&W singer.They played along with it hoping that he would come out of his acid psychosis...

shee-it, I wanna hear that just 4 the grin-factor, LMFAO!

j_loopOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 19, 2011 - 11:46 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Funny this topic should pop up again this time of year. To wet your whistle even more Shady, there's a pretty hilarious "Country Christmas" song on there.

ShadySamOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 19, 2011 - 08:47 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

cool! Gotta get around to dropping some blotter & laffin' me gonads off to this sometime! Smile

Jump to: