The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
gbfrank
Post subject: :?: Chesky Records - How Were They Sealed  PostPosted: Jan 28, 2012 - 10:38 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

I came into a small pile of Chesky Records classical lps today. Most are opened, but a few have a seriously loose sealed shrink. At least, on most lps the material would be termed shrink. There's plenty of room inside each of these wraps to shove in at least one more complete lp.

As I have never found a Chesky lp, sealed or opened prior to today, I don't know what an original sealed copy shgould look like. Were the Chesky lps sold in really, really, really loose shrink? The other lps look beautiful, so I don't know why someone would want to pass them off as original sealed records.

Appreciate input from our knowledgeable RCG members,

Frank

Reply with quote Back to top
gbfrank
Post subject: RE: :?: Chesky Records - How Were They Sealed  PostPosted: Jan 31, 2012 - 02:27 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Update on the wrapping on Chesky records:

I have looked at quite a few "sealed" Chesky lps on eBay and they all appear to have these really loose light-weight wrappers. I still can't bring myself
to call it "shrink". So, I'm willing to accept that my two lps are still in their original "sealed" state.

KentTOffline
Post subject: RE: :?: Chesky Records - How Were They Sealed  PostPosted: Apr 27, 2012 - 02:18 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Yes, sealed Chesky LP discs use a loose wrap. Most Audiophile labels follow the same procedure. Cuts down on Warpage.

Jump to: