The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
aravelOffline
26 Post subject: ::: Sir Paul McCartney Guadalajara Mexico 5 de Mayo  PostPosted: May 06, 2012 - 08:03 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

::: Unbelievable. I'm speechless. Still don't quite dig what I went through.

Paul McCartney On the Run Tour 2012
Guadalajara Meixco May 5th 2012
Omnilife Stadium

We arrived to the GA queue at 7:30 am. There was only 7 people (3 couples, and one mid- 50's lady). The GA standing only ticket was $1000 pesos ($ 75 USD). Let's say, worthy, because we would be at mid-filed (about 50 meters from stage, it's like half football size playground distence to the Macca mike)...you could get a great view based on fisrt come, first served basis

Beaten by the May sun in my city, sweaty, half-eaten, half-dehydrate, the hours went very long, talking to the closer fans gathered...about 4 pm a guy full of walkie talkie -cell phone headset etc, comes to us, and say to the others guys that were keep the line in order: ":..SEND ME THE FIRST 20"...As we were excited to finally get into the stadium, in a 30 meters check point, that guy very decent, very correct came again with another guy bald-shaven english-spoken (brit accent as I noticed), and they told us:"...OKAY, PLEASE PAY ATTENTION, YOU WERE THE FIRST 20 FANS TO GET IN THE QUEUE, MPL CONCERT PRODUCTIONS WANTS YOU TO EXPERIENCE THE ULTIMATE-MACCARTNEY FAN-CONCERT:::PLEASE LISTEN VERY CAREFULLY! YOU'RE GOING TO BE SEATED AT THE CENTER ROWS AT THE PLATINUM SECTION, YOU'LL BE PROVIDED BY A BANDWRIST WITH FULL ACCESS TO THE EXCLUSIVE PLATINUM ZONE.:::PLEASE BEAHVE PROPERLY, DO NOT PHONE ANYONE ON THE QUEUE BEHIND YOU, THIS IS TO KEEP THIS A SECRET, AS MAYBE SOME OF THE OTHERS FANS WOULD CONSIDER THIS AS UNFAIR, THANK YOU VERY MUCH, ENJOY THE SHOW. Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

The Platinum section was $12,000 MEX pesos ($900 usd) Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

And yes, the get us inside!! My brother is a REAL MACCA FAN, he's 50. Every Wings, and Beatles LPs and CDs, the records bought back in the 70's, the real deal...a true fan. I was beside him, he couldn't believe. We laugh, we cried, because, as we knew about those prices, we went like, WTF...but this was beyond anything ever we imagined.

We Were at ROW 'G' that's 7 row from stage, I was right aligned to Paul Mik stand. There was 3 wome in front of me, as I'm 6 ft there was no visual obstruction...Man...he was Paul! His bass, his ukelele...damn...history in front of my eyes!

I was 17 when I saw Rod Stewart playing in my city before 80,000 people in 1989. But, last night, Sir Paul set a very high bar...impossible to top ever in the history of this city, and there will be many many years ahead before any artist of any kind top this concert.

This is a video taken with my Nokia C3 cell phone. It does not make any justice of what I saw or how close we get to see him

::::: CLICK ON THE VIDEO CAPTION to see it through PHOTOBUCKET

...man, I feel like I've just cheated Bono...and the guilty of feeling I liked a lot...WTF...can't explain to you guys...one after the other: hit after hit, classic after classic...the images, his moves...f***, he was Paul McCartney! the same guy a friend of my brother painted at the back of our bedroom back in the 80's...

SET LIST - GUADALAJARA MEXICO MAY 5th 2012

Magical Mystery Tour
Junior's Farm
All My Loving
Jet
Drive My Car
Sing the Changes
The Night Before
Let Me Roll It
Paperback Writer
The Long and Winding Road
Nineteen Hundred and Eighty-Five
My Valentine
Maybe I'm Amazed
I've Just Seen a Face
Hope of Deliverance
And I Love Her
Blackbird
Here Today
Dance Tonight
Mrs. Vandebilt
Eleanor Rigby
Something
Things We Said Today
Band on the Run
Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da
(Played with Mariachis)
Back in the U.S.S.R.
I've Got a Feeling
A Day in the Life
Give Peace a Chance
Let It Be
Live and Let Die
Hey Jude

Encore---------:
Lady Madonna
Day Tripper
Get Back

Encore 2-----:
Yesterday
I Saw Her Standing There
Golden Slumbers
Carry That Weight
The End

gypsyeyes wrote:

Now.......I know that aravel said that is an older photo of himself.
But let me tell ya, to me he looks pretty hot.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Reply with quote Back to top
gbfrank
Post subject: RE: ::: Sir Paul McCartney Guadalajara Mexico 5 de Mayo  PostPosted: May 06, 2012 - 08:46 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Wow! Fantastic opportunity for you, Aravel.

aravelOffline
Post subject: RE: ::: Sir Paul McCartney Guadalajara Mexico 5 de Mayo  PostPosted: May 06, 2012 - 08:47 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

:::...Amazing! Very Happy

gypsyeyes wrote:

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
aravelOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 08, 2012 - 08:11 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

::: Some pics

--------------------

gypsyeyes wrote:

Jump to: