The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
aravelOffline
Post subject: ::: Wow! Take a little piece of my wallet!  PostPosted: Jun 19, 2012 - 07:39 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

::: I've posted 4 days ago a MEX PRESSING of Janis Joplin. This was from my older brother's collection...I know he has some gems, but he does not want to sell, but this one, it took me by surprise.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JANIS-JOPLIN-EN-CONCIERTO-MEXICO-GATEFOLD-VINYL-2LP-/290728267667?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item43b0c14f93

$79.99 + 16.00 =$ 95.99 USD

Shocked

Swedish collector paid so quick that I still don't know what's going on... Cool

gypsyeyes wrote:

Now.......I know that aravel said that is an older photo of himself.
But let me tell ya, to me he looks pretty hot.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Reply with quote Back to top
NorthwindsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 20, 2012 - 11:22 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Jose, it's always nice to get a good money sale and quick payment, congrats!

Speaking of Mexican stuff, I just bagged a few mint in mint sleeve w/ shrink Beatles 7" eps. Never saw them before, pretty cool grabs

Heidler
Post subject: :::Wow! Take a little piece of my wallet!  PostPosted: Jun 21, 2012 - 07:55 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Just before I take an early dip...

NOT being evil, BUT....

That's nice, but does anybody REALLY listen to these " Gem$ "

Sometimes ( again, SOMETIME$ ) a Mexican / Central and / or $outh American pre$$ing might ju$t $uprise you...

I had a " sealed " 4-track EP as by The TRASHMEN ( also from Mexico, with picture-cover- again, SEALED )
Opened it, played it, and " Holy Gronzonel! ".... it's the Lovin' Spoonful "!!!

Chinga a tu Madrre!...
This EP had ALL the bigger hits by the group, and NOTHING by The Trashmen !

OR, Howzabout The Beatles " Hard Days Night " ( LP from U/A ) issued in Panama?
( bought it on the Balboa side, complete with the same USA / European-issued cover )
Again, opened it, played it, a quality-made platter, BUT, it was an LP from " Studio 1 " in Jamaica ( man ) with tracks by Jackie and Doreen, etc.

Man, the$e must be worth a fortune!, but gue$$ what, they're in one of my red " no-go " boxe$, meaning, you'll never see the$e ( or any other alike ) on ebay or any other evil.

$ell it man, you just might get your hundred buck$ for it...
Let it go to a good home, and count your money.

When I die, they all go to weletthegoldfishgo....

Heidler

NorthwindsOffline
Post subject: Re: :::Wow! Take a little piece of my wallet!  PostPosted: Jun 21, 2012 - 01:19 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Heidler wrote:
Just before I take an early dip...

NOT being evil, BUT....

That's nice, but does anybody REALLY listen to these " Gem$ "

Sometimes ( again, SOMETIME$ ) a Mexican / Central and / or $outh American pre$$ing might ju$t $uprise you...

I had a " sealed " 4-track EP as by The TRASHMEN ( also from Mexico, with picture-cover- again, SEALED )
Opened it, played it, and " Holy Gronzonel! ".... it's the Lovin' Spoonful "!!!

Chinga a tu Madrre!...
This EP had ALL the bigger hits by the group, and NOTHING by The Trashmen !

OR, Howzabout The Beatles " Hard Days Night " ( LP from U/A ) issued in Panama?
( bought it on the Balboa side, complete with the same USA / European-issued cover )
Again, opened it, played it, a quality-made platter, BUT, it was an LP from " Studio 1 " in Jamaica ( man ) with tracks by Jackie and Doreen, etc.

Man, the$e must be worth a fortune!, but gue$$ what, they're in one of my red " no-go " boxe$, meaning, you'll never see the$e ( or any other alike ) on ebay or any other evil.

$ell it man, you just might get your hundred buck$ for it...
Let it go to a good home, and count your money.

When I die, they all go to weletthegoldfishgo....

Heidler

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

People who buy this stuff are completists mainly (I am one), when you have all the standard issues, you have a lot of disposable income for more obscure releases. Different artwork/possible mixes is the big appeal. Half the time, they got filed and never listened to Laughing Laughing Laughing

I have had several US pressings with the wrong music on one side though Laughing Laughing Laughing

Jump to: