The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
idiotpunk123Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 24, 2012 - 10:32 AM
Level 4
Level 4

I listen to a broad range of punk from 70s to now. I mainly focus on stuff from the early to late 90's. I'm big into the pop punk and skate punk around that time period. And labels like Fat Wreck, Burning Heart, and No Idea (such as OldSoul mentioned) are usually no brainers. Although a lot of stuff on No Idea sucks IMO.

More recently I've been huge on late 70s and early 80s pop punk. Check out the Break The Rules comp LP's to hear what I'm talking about.

http://chairshotrecords.blogspot.com/

Reply with quote Back to top
elguapo69Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 01, 2012 - 12:40 PM
Level 4
Level 4

I've been listening and buying punk rock, post punk, garage rock from all eras for aeons now, I love to listen to it all honestly. I'm not really bothered about whether it's from the 70s, 80s or 90s etc. Saying that, I would have to say I am very into the current garage punk world stemming from labels like Slovenly, Goner, sh*t Sandwich, In The Red, Black Gladiator and on, and on. Tons of it is just as vital and amazing as anything that has come out in the last 30 years. I am keenly aware of all the bands that came before all these guys doin it now, So I always have my hands deep into any record box that is offering up good DIY Rock and Roll from early 60's garage bands or proto punk rock bands like Lyres or the Real Kids. Punk Rock is far from dead at the moment, I'll be collecting it till I'm dead.

savagebeat
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 13, 2012 - 03:09 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Tough one. I'd say 70's-'82 US punk (that wasn't an option was it?). Quickly followed by 80's-current "garage punk".

What usually happens is I go to box one, much of which I usually have, and what I don't is priced appropriately (expensive) then I go to box two and pick up the current and 90's GP stuff I've missed on.

Jump to: