The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
sharon142Offline
Post subject: American Record Company label  PostPosted: Oct 02, 2012 - 08:04 PM
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 78rpm record with an American Record Company label on it, it is a one side recording. I found records with a label with the same name but the artwork was not the same. The American Record Company I found on the Internet had a picture of an American Indian on it and the label was white.
The record I am researching in Japaneseand most writing is Japanese but what is not says that it was exclusively recorded by Nipponophone for The American Record Company, the label on the record I have is black with gold writing and has the American Eagle Shield. Have you ever seen this label or know anything about this type of recording? Do you know of a site where I can find information about Asian 78rpm records?[/u][/b]

Reply with quote Back to top
nealumphredOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 03, 2012 - 09:00 AM
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

SHARON142

This sit lists and illustrates several American record companies that manufactured 78s. See if any of them match yours even remotely (and yes, the Indian one is there).

There were countless companies around the world making 78s; many have yet to be researched and documented.

You might also have the Japanese translated.

Of course, as 99% of 78s have little value, the whole things may be a waste of your time.

Hope this helps,

NEAL

nealumphredOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 03, 2012 - 09:11 AM
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

SHARON142

Um . . . here is the link that I forgot to include in my response above:

http://78rpmrecord.com/labelview.cfm?Contributor=Cliff%20Bolling

There are others of this sort; seek them out.

NEAL

Jump to: