The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ronimousOffline
Post subject: Pink Floyd-Darkside of the Moon--Gold Vinyl  PostPosted: Sep 27, 2012 - 12:48 PM
Level 4
Level 4

"PINK FLOYD THE DARK SIDE OF THE MOON LP NEW AUDIOPHILE SOUND LAB 111001 DE"

"New #'d Ltd ed pressing (617/1000) on 165 gram gold vinyl with clear cover, new liner notes."

Anyone have any of these or know anything about them? Looks like a semi clear gold vinyl with a grey pyramid on the label.

Is this legit or some sort of bootleg? Never heard of the company before.

http://www.gemm.com/store/50000WATTS/item/PINK-FLOYD-THE-DARK-SIDE-OF-THE-MOON-LP/1899456652

Reply with quote Back to top
weletthegoldfishgoOffline
Post subject: RE: Pink Floyd-Darkside of the Moon--Gold Vinyl  PostPosted: Oct 05, 2012 - 04:02 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

Sorry I didn't see this thread until today. I dunno about this limited edition, but I can't get too excited about it. There are plenty of great sounding copies of DSOTM, and it states right there in the description that this is noisy to play. And it's from Audiophile Sound Lab? It's not something that I would seek as a collectible today or in the future since it seems to look like just another disc created to make money by someone out there in record land.

But if you want anything Pink Floyd, then I guess it would be cool enough. There are so many different to choose from of DSOTM. Why not try a UK 1st issue solid blue triangle for anywhere form $400-$800? They say it sounds best. Or you could get a nice Japan issue for less than $100, or a MFSL for less than $30.

ronimousOffline
Post subject: RE: Pink Floyd-Darkside of the Moon--Gold Vinyl  PostPosted: Oct 05, 2012 - 05:03 PM
Level 4
Level 4

I went ahead and bought it. 15 bucks. After doing some research it seems to be a bootleg of some sort. Sound isn't all that bad. I'll keep it as a novelty piece.

I have the legit DSOTM picture disc and the MFSL.

Rafter242Offline
Post subject: RE: Pink Floyd-Darkside of the Moon--Gold Vinyl  PostPosted: Oct 06, 2012 - 03:45 AM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

Good for you. I have also bought boot copies of albums I like on colored vinyl just to have the variant and a more complete/varied collection.
Example, I bought NIN - The Downward Spiral on purple vinyl #261.

Jump to: