The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
hany
Post subject: ebay bid cancelled !!  PostPosted: May 04, 2012 - 11:11 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

i have a record on auction with a reserve price , the reserve price were met then another bidder made bidding stayed for two days and today i found him made a cencelation to his bid and the the price went to the reserve price..
i never knew that this could take place , of cancel a bid , i always believed when u make a bid and commet to buy , u r done , no way back !!!!!!!!!!!

Reply with quote Back to top
hrtshpdbox
Post subject: Re: ebay bid cancelled !!  PostPosted: May 04, 2012 - 12:17 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

A bid can be cancelled until the last 24 hours of the auction, people do it to me all the time.

hany
Post subject: Re: ebay bid cancelled !!  PostPosted: May 05, 2012 - 03:35 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

hrtshpdbox wrote:
A bid can be cancelled until the last 24 hours of the auction, people do it to me all the time.

i am not used to it and won't trust someone commet to do something and then retreat,
i blocked him ..

maslikoOffline
Post subject: Re: ebay bid cancelled !!  PostPosted: Oct 10, 2012 - 05:01 AM
Level 3
Level 3

hany wrote:
hrtshpdbox wrote:

i am not used to it and won't trust someone commet to do something and then retreat,
i blocked him ..
I think your being a little hard & paranoid.The way i see it,its better a person retract a bid than win & not be able to pay.Then you have to relist item,send emails back and forth etc etc.Maybe something came up,a death in the family,maybe a bill came in that week that they didnt know about,maybe they just got excited and then realized they just couldn't afford it that week,or the children have just got home from school and said they have an expensive camp to go to etc etc.....Its way better a bid is retracted than someone just not paying(or not be able to pay)and mucking everyone one around-that is my philosophy and it has saved me alot of stress(like you seem to be going through).And if someone does not have the cash at that particular time does not mean they dont have cash to spend other times and if they dont have it,even if they win the auction,you will not get blood from a stone.

Although eBay does not allow this,they give a few options like ,if you've entered the wrong amount,the seller cant be contacted or the seller has changed the description but at the end of the,whatever the reason(I'll say it again)Its better someone retracts a bid,than win & not pay.

Jump to: