The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
keelerphoto
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 17, 2012 - 12:37 AM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

been a lurker sometimes,,, im still alive,,,been on facebook alot, not collecting records but still have my collection and tour jacket collection, still in hollywood,,,still seeing stars,,,, Very Happy Very Happy

Reply with quote Back to top
Heidler
Post subject: KEELER'S CASUAL CORNER OF PHOTOS  PostPosted: Aug 26, 2012 - 07:06 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

I saw your photo of " Uncle Milty " and it made me think...
He was oft seen around Famer's Market out here ( as was Red Skelton )

All of those years I lived in and around Hollywood ( Argyle, Franklin, and Yucca, and up in Laurel Canyon ) I hardly ever saw any " stars " even though I was on foot most of the time in the early days ( 1961 to 1964 )...many did drive by in their rides going elsewhere.
Again, I lived there... 1968-1973 and the canyon, 1973 to 1980

I did see some, quite by accident ( Ann Southern in a pawn shop in Hollywood...she liked to look for old art according to the owner )
Ralph " This Is Your Life " Edwards leaving an eatery ( not really a ' star ' in my book )

Rodeo Drive was only for discreet shopping back then.

BUT ( at least then ) most of the ' name stars ' lived out in Sherman Oaks, Encino*, some of them up in the Hollywood Hills, Beverly Hills, the gated community of Bel Air, and a few out here in Santa Monica and Malibu.
( * bumped into Clark Gable leaving a gun shop in Encino ( 1957 ) where I had gone with my dad to buy some .22 ammo )

There is a longer list, but it's really inmaterial now.

These days, the word " star " is used far too loosley ( for darned near anybody ) so I'm sure you'll spot a few more ' celebs ' in Hollywood now ( who LOVE the attention! )
Good luck with your quest...

The " stars " of 2012...Now ya see 'em...then ya won't....

Hollywood is EVIL....

H

wurlitzer1450Offline
Post subject: RE: KEELER  PostPosted: Nov 07, 2012 - 10:11 AM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

hello keeler, i just now noticed your july 17th post, i was in cal then buying records. i really miss your photos here. good to see you're still snapping them.

best -- jerry

Jump to: