The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Please select your gender
Male
83%
 83%  [ 206 ]
Female
16%
 16%  [ 41 ]
Total Votes : 247

pennyannOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 13, 2006 - 06:23 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

kat1370 wrote:
Yes...unfortunately I think WWII started all that. The men went to war and the women were left behind to take up the slack. They started working in the factories in order to contribute their share to the war effort. They played baseball. They got a taste of a more independent lifestyle. When the men returned (or when they didn't return because they were MIA or killed) the women decided that they shouldn't have to give up their newfound jobs and freedom. And there it all began...

I have a question for you all...
Do you think that women have assumed more of the men's role or have men assumed more of the women's role?? What I mean is are there more female engineers and race car drivers or are there more men that stay home with their kids??

You men must remember that if you want women to assume such roles then you must be willing to pick up the slack at home and with the kids.

As far as record collecting goes...that's the point I was trying to make - music is not gender specific.

My brother and his wife are a good example of what I think is ideal. They know each other's strengths and weaknesses and do things accordingly. She is a little more ambitious and work oriented. She is an accountant and has her masters. My brother is really laid back. I think I've seen him 'wound up' maybe once. Oh, laid back doesn't mean lazy at all. He loves to cook and is a very good cook. She hates to cook, so he is the one that takes care of the meals for the most part. She spends more time at work and he gets more time at home with their son- not over amount, but that is how it is. Her salary is higher, she makes more money so she works more. They balance each other out so well and that is how they make such a great couple. Neither of them have anything holding them in a role society has set up for them. He's the softy and my nephew gets away with so much and she is more structured and I guess more of a disciplinarian but that only means a time out or a talk. It is so natural it doesn't strike people as odd when you are around them. He's not effimenant or (sp?) or anything, he's still very guy like and she's not overbearing and bossy. I believe both sexes have their problems when it comes to traditional roles and what you risk when you don't follow the sex rules. What I would hope for everyone- to not shape yourself into a pre fabricated mold and find out what are your strengths and what are your weaknesses and make your life.

Reply with quote Back to top
TichOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 26, 2007 - 10:47 AM
Level 5
Level 5

Definitely FEMALE. Roarrrrrrrrrrrrr haha Wink Laughing

TichOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 26, 2007 - 10:54 AM
Level 5
Level 5

Hi all, Just reading through the posts on this thread. City boy I thought you might like to know that our Prime Minister for New Zealand is a FEMALE. Her name is Helen Clark.
Men and Women can do any sort of job. They should be treated as equal.

StephenMacLeodOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 26, 2007 - 11:46 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Male,actually I did know the Prime Minister of New Zealand was a woman,we had a Canadian Female Prime Minister once for about 6 months,Kim Campbell,never hear tell of her anymore.
The US hasn`t had a female President yet,even the UK had Magaret Thatcher in the 1980`s as well.

Robert54Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 26, 2007 - 03:05 PM
Level 5
Level 5

Wow, based on the results I saw, no sense looking for a date here!
Bob

torehOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 26, 2007 - 05:43 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

There aren't very many women here Bob. And it seems to me, the ones that are record collectors, are either married or have "partners"...hmm...don't know if I dare use that term now after the "Melissa" thread. But you never know...new members arriving daily here.

AmeliaOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 17, 2007 - 03:39 PM
Level 2
Level 2

If I was a male, I'd be . . . . Emile? But, alas, I am female. I'm a fairly new record collector, but I wouldn't have thought that male collectors would outnumber the females so much! Surprised

YassassinOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 27, 2012 - 04:08 PM
Level 3
Level 3

I am female record collector too. I also collect WW2 medals and books. I have already know that there are more male collectors but i see that there are female collectors in here too, %16 is not few, it could be worse Smile

Jump to: