The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
jimbooOffline
Post subject: Nice little Crossover label  PostPosted: Jan 25, 2013 - 02:09 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Bough a copy of Aftermath on ebay. 4. advertised as no scratches. Not happy as there were a lot of light scratches and the cover is poor and was sent in an envelope without stiffeners. Never have left negative feedback but was considering it. Played the record and it sounded great. So slightly appeased. then checking the lables for rarity and they were from different issues. Not a big money thing but interesting.

Reply with quote Back to top
PaceyOffline
Post subject: RE: Nice little Crossover label  PostPosted: Jan 25, 2013 - 02:51 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

Great! This site has all the details you'd ever want on it Wink http://stonesondecca.com/4A05_LK4786_Aftermath.html

I've had a few copies of Aftermath and even when covered in light surface marks, they play extremely well. UK Decca discs from this period are known for their quality.

warmbuddyOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Nice little Crossover label  PostPosted: Feb 16, 2013 - 07:40 PM
Level 3
Level 3

Pacey wrote:
Great! This site has all the details you'd ever want on it Wink http://stonesondecca.com/4A05_LK4786_Aftermath.html

I've had a few copies of Aftermath and even when covered in light surface marks, they play extremely well. UK Decca discs from this period are known for their quality.

That is an excellent Stones site for UK Decca pressings. As you said Pacey, those 60s Decca (and EMI) pressings were amazing. The thick vinyl and deep grooves seem to result in most surface markings to go unheard.

By the way Andy, we're still missing you at the Beatles Collecting.uk site, although it now covers much more than UK pressings now.

Cheers...Mark

PaceyOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Nice little Crossover label  PostPosted: Feb 17, 2013 - 11:10 AM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

Hey! Good to hear it's still being used. University work has taken over my life during the past 5 years... Mind you, I think I heard of a book that came out last year in the US that covered all the UK issues.

warmbuddyOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Nice little Crossover label  PostPosted: Feb 17, 2013 - 03:01 PM
Level 3
Level 3

Pacey wrote:
Hey! Good to hear it's still being used. University work has taken over my life during the past 5 years... Mind you, I think I heard of a book that came out last year in the US that covered all the UK issues.

Yes, Bruce Spizer and Frank Daniels put together a real fine publication similar to the work done by Bruce on the North American releases. In fact, they received lots of help from the forum members - remember when we were contemplating our own publication to clear up much of the disinformation out there. I do miss the stimulating discussions that we used to have back then...not so much in that way any more.

Anyway, good to hear from you again and best of luck with your University work.

Cheers from Canada...Mark Very Happy

Jump to: