The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
rtgoonerOffline
Post subject: Some help with ebay  PostPosted: Apr 22, 2013 - 05:23 AM
Level 1
Level 1

Hi
I would like some advice on selling records on ebay.
Recently I seen a Jimi Hendrix LP (Axis Bold as Love - First pressing) sell for over 600 in a similar state and condition that I had it advertised at but only received the highest bid of 34, luckily I had a reserve on it.

I am not expecting the 600 because I am not able to sound grade, just visual grade but surely even then it is worth more than 34? I would like some of your expert opinions with this one.

Thanks Smile

Axis-All small.jpg
 Description:
Insert Included
 Filesize:  54.63 KB
 Viewed:  2945 Time(s)

Axis-All small.jpg

Reply with quote Back to top
jimbooOffline
Post subject: RE: Some help with ebay  PostPosted: Apr 22, 2013 - 06:41 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

The average price is around 80 for a stereo. Just checked the 620 one that sold on ebay and it was near mint all round with original inner. But the main thing is that this guy is a major seller with a top reputation. The next highest sale is from a guy well known on ebay for getting higher than usual prices. A misleading statement in one advert states that stereo are rarer than mono. Mono are rarer than stereo. Of course how you display the record,sleeve and inserts will affect the price.
here is a good example to follow from another top seller. The pics are free as they are hotmail from photobucket or similar.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EX-Mono-Insert-Jimi-Hendrix-Experience-Axis-Bold-As-Love-1967-Track-LP-/251212285043?pt=UK_Records&hash=item3a7d6b4473

Reply with quote Back to top
Jump to: