The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
jimw156Offline
Post subject: Ohio Record Show Recommendations?  PostPosted: Feb 26, 2013 - 12:27 PM
Level 2
Level 2

Hi there!

It's been a few years since I've attended any record shows in Ohio, mainly because the ones I went to left a lot to be desired. I'm really getting the urge to jump back in, so I'm wondering if any of you have any recommendations as to some good shows in Ohio.

I'm a huge collector of the group, Queen, but really just want to thumb through some vinyl and enjoy the sites and sounds of a show that's made up of more than 5-6 tables.

I'm centrally-located in Ohio, so there's not a part of the state that's more than 2.5 hours away. Indy and Pittsburgh are a tick over 3 hours, but I'm willing to travel if the show's worth it.

Thanks in advance!

Reply with quote Back to top
bluevirgo7Offline
Post subject: RE: Ohio Record Show Recommendations?  PostPosted: Feb 27, 2013 - 12:24 AM
Level 4
Level 4

Hi
This place here has shows but i don't know when the next one is: Haimerl Center and Serenity Park (614) 267-0121
I think they have about 4 a year.
I have never been to one but i hear they sometimes have great stuff
i prefer to be patient and find great records cheap

But this is Columbus which may have more record stores the any where else of comparable size.

do you ever check out the half price book stores there can be goodies there esp in the bargain section, or used kids which is on High Street OSU Campus Area they have thousands of LP's and a really large $1 section

Columbus is a great town for records if your lucky

jimw156Offline
Post subject: RE: Ohio Record Show Recommendations?  PostPosted: Feb 27, 2013 - 02:14 PM
Level 2
Level 2

bluvirgo7,

Thanks for the tips! I'll be sure to see if I can track down some more information about the Haimerl Center.

And yes, I love Half Price Books and Used Kids. I just miss the sights and sounds of a good, old-fashioned Record Show!

grizzlyassmofoOffline
Post subject: RE: Ohio Record Show Recommendations?  PostPosted: May 01, 2013 - 10:23 AM
Level 2
Level 2

Have you ever been to the Flea Market in Monroe, Ohio (Traders World, and Treasure Isle)? If you commit yourself to walking through all of the building they usually have several different vendors that will have Records. Last time I went there were 9 Vendors that had Records, Cassette's, CD's.

jimw156Offline
Post subject: RE: Ohio Record Show Recommendations?  PostPosted: May 01, 2013 - 10:54 AM
Level 2
Level 2

You mean those flea markets in the shadow of the former Big Butter Jesus? : ) I've seen them from the road, but never actually checked them out. Next time I'm down in that neck of the woods, I will, though. Thanks for the tip!

Jump to: