The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Starsailor
Post subject: River Rat Music in Columbia, PA  PostPosted: Jul 27, 2013 - 12:40 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Learned about this place through word of mouth. River Rat Music is on the back end of Tollbooth Antiques in Columbia, PA. They sell music equipment but also have tons of lps & 45s. Chris Chronister is the friendly owner of the store. I suggest you call to confirm store hours, which are currently listed as Thursday-Sunday 11AM-5PM.

River Rat Music

Last edited by Starsailor on Jul 27, 2013 - 12:56 PM; edited 1 time in total

Reply with quote Back to top
SID
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 27, 2013 - 12:44 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

Is that near the old Columbia Market House where the Keystone Record Club held their monthly record show ?

Starsailor
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 27, 2013 - 12:55 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Hi Sid, I've never been to the Keystone Record Show, but I thought that was held in Lancaster. Perhaps they moved the venue? I'm not very familiar with Columbia, so I don't know if TB Antiques and the Columbia Market House are the same place. --SS

SID
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 27, 2013 - 01:00 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

The Keystone Record Show first started in Columbia ,then moved several times to different places. I used to go there to buy and sometimes I set up there to sell. I remember that it was like a farmer's market with no air conditioning.

Starsailor
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 27, 2013 - 01:17 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

I located the Market House on a Google map. RRM & TB Antiques are northwest of it, up 3rd Street, take a left on Chestnut and don't go beyond 2nd. It's a big dilapidated factory warehouse. RRM has a 2nd Street entrance or there's access through the antique mall.

Recently I met the guy who hosts the Keystone Show (at Arbutus). I hope to get out there one of these days, but it's a heck of a long drive from where I live.

Jump to: