The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
DastOffline
Post subject: Advice please - nice 7" rare collection  PostPosted: Aug 06, 2013 - 03:49 PM
Level 1
Level 1

Hello to all,

I got a nice 7" rare collection and these days I'm considering selling some of my very best ones. three of them are an Israeli mega rare EP's and as far as I know there are only two to five copies of each one of them.
A record company have contact me regarding those records and I got the feeling that they really need my copies they are all in Mint.
My question is, despite the price for the records, can I ask for more from them?
A copy of the new release / Percentage on sales... ?...

This is the first time I'm in this position and would like to know what is common to ask for in that position.

Thanks for reading

Reply with quote Back to top
Fireflite
Post subject: RE: Advice please  PostPosted: Aug 06, 2013 - 07:15 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Why not ask them, if that's what you want / think you're entitled to. You must have heard no before.
What we think isn't going to throw any weight.

j_loopOffline
Post subject: RE: Advice please  PostPosted: Aug 07, 2013 - 12:02 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Just to be clear, it's only the 3 Isaeli 7" eps that the record company wants? Either way I would think the more you sell them, the more leverage you'd have to negotiate. Likewise if the new release has 15 tracks and you provide 5 they might just want the records and not deal with the paper work of percentages. Personally I'd only consider asking for a percentage if I knew the album was going to sell well and what I had was integral to the release. Of course they'll probably want to pay less for the records in leu of giving you a percentage so there's that to factor in too. But like Fireflite says, they can only say no. I would think a copy of the new release isn't asking too much.

And these are just my musings, I have no experience with the business.

MikeyOffline
Post subject: RE: Advice please  PostPosted: Sep 03, 2013 - 04:28 PM
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

A percentage? I wouldn't have thought so. You need to own copyright to get a perecenatge.

Jump to: