The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JhuffyOffline
22 Post subject: Not sure worth  PostPosted: Sep 19, 2013 - 07:44 PM
Level 1
Level 1

I have never collected vinyl records before but while going through my uncles place i came across a tote full of records and they date from the 60's to the 80's. i got two albums that are signed by 4 of the 5 band members. the band is Sharks the albums are In a black and white world. and Backs against the wall. i don't know if they worth anything and was wandering if someone could help me.

Reply with quote Back to top
JhuffyOffline
22 Post subject: Not sure worth  PostPosted: Sep 19, 2013 - 07:49 PM
Level 1
Level 1

I have never collected vinyl records before but while going through my uncles place i came across a tote full of records and they date from the 60's to the 80's. i got two albums that are signed by 4 of the 5 band members. the band is Sharks the albums are In a black and white world. and Backs against the wall. i don't know if they worth anything and was wandering if someone could help me.

JhuffyOffline
Post subject: RE: Not sure worth  PostPosted: Sep 19, 2013 - 08:32 PM
Level 1
Level 1

just a little more info on records i've found. some names include... David Bowie, Jimi Hendrix, Pat Benatar, ZZ Top, Eagles, Men at Work, George Thorogood, Frank Sinatra, The Mc Guire Sisters...and others that i have never heard of since i'm only 38 yrs old. if anyone has an extreme knowledge please reply and i will be in contact with you and can give more info and more names of other artists

JhuffyOffline
Post subject: RE: Not sure worth  PostPosted: Sep 19, 2013 - 08:35 PM
Level 1
Level 1

just a little more info on records i've found. some names include... David Bowie, Jimi Hendrix, Pat Benatar, ZZ Top, Eagles, Men at Work, George Thorogood, Frank Sinatra, The Mc Guire Sisters...and others that i have never heard of since i'm only 38 yrs old. if anyone has an extreme knowledge please reply and i will be in contact with you and can give more info and more names of other artists

mackdaddygOffline
Post subject: RE: Not sure worth  PostPosted: Sep 19, 2013 - 08:49 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Some of those artists are fairly collectible, others not so much. If you want to know monetary value, you'll need to give info such as record label, record number, titles, and condition.

Otherwise, why not get yourself a turntable and play some of 'em? That's the real fun part of this hobby.

scorsese
Post subject: Re: RE: Not sure worth  PostPosted: Sep 23, 2013 - 10:44 AM
Level 2
Level 2

mackdaddyg wrote:
Some of those artists are fairly collectible, others not so much. If you want to know monetary value, you'll need to give info such as record label, record number, titles, and condition.

Otherwise, why not get yourself a turntable and play some of 'em? That's the real fun part of this hobby.

Agreed!

There are a few Bowie albums which are VERY sought after 1st LP on Deram label,

3rd LP on Mercury UK version is black label US version is Red label
Beware the US press is HEAVILY counterfeited, the US pressing has stamped matrix numbers in dead wax not etched I think...there is a track you can listen to however to tell if it is a bootleg or not for the US press.

Check out discogs.com for further info on any of those albums paying careful attention to cat number and images as well as dead wax matrix number information.

Jump to: