The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
HankMoodyOffline
Post subject: Beatles white album - canadian first pressing  PostPosted: Oct 28, 2013 - 04:26 PM
Level 2
Level 2

How much is this pressing worth? This is the first issue in a canadian-made,un-numbered cover that was slightly smaller in size. Both vinyl and sleeve are in vg+ condition.

Reply with quote Back to top
SID
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 29, 2013 - 11:09 AM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

Apple or Capitol ?

HankMoodyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 29, 2013 - 12:26 PM
Level 2
Level 2

SID wrote:
Apple or Capitol ?

First pressing on Apple

SID
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 29, 2013 - 12:36 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

Looks like unnumbered copies have sold on Ebay for anywhere between $15-$50. Numbered got more in most cases.

ShadySamOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 29, 2013 - 02:22 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

is that on white wax? I wanna say i saw a cannuck pressing a long time ago (thick wax)??
Would also be curious on the fidelity (that's what kept me from shelling out 4 it)...

bubba louOffline
Post subject: Re: Beatles white album - canadian first pressing  PostPosted: Oct 29, 2013 - 10:00 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

HankMoody wrote:
How much is this pressing worth? This is the first issue in a canadian-made,un-numbered cover that was slightly smaller in size. Both vinyl and sleeve are in vg+ condition.

This is the first Canadian pressing. Second pressings (pressed in Canada) were shipped in numbered U.S. covers. The one thing that I have never been able to determine is number of American numbered covers that were shipped to Canada.

If the second pressing with the American numbered cover was substantially less common, then it might be worth more than the original pressing. Otherwise, in a perfect world, the cover described by HankMoody should be worth more. If I were selling this copy I would make sure that buyers understood the difference between 1st & 2nd pressings so I could maximize the sale price.

Hope this helps.

HankMoodyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 30, 2013 - 01:51 PM
Level 2
Level 2

ShadySam wrote:
is that on white wax? I wanna say i saw a cannuck pressing a long time ago (thick wax)??
Would also be curious on the fidelity (that's what kept me from shelling out 4 it)...

Thank you for your help everyone. This canadian edition is special because the first pressing was not numbered (thick wax). The hard cardboard sleeve was made in Canada and was only 12" as compared to 12 1/2" for most album sleeves. Capitol also made their own larger photos (4 of them) and their own uncensored poster

Jump to: