The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
wurlitzer1450Offline
Post subject: bud landon and the rhythm masters  PostPosted: Dec 03, 2013 - 10:45 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TNSFk-RP9E

Reply with quote Back to top
LoneStarStompOffline
Post subject: RE: bud landon and the rhythm masters  PostPosted: Dec 05, 2013 - 08:55 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Bud was from just up the road and Belle was an interesting label. Everything on it was out of step for the time of release… '66 and '67 I believe. Most of the catalogue in just a couple of sessions around a primitive recording set up in a local radio station. Love Bud's stuff… he had that Johnny Cash boom chicka boom thing down pat.

wurlitzer1450Offline
Post subject: RE: bud landon and the rhythm masters  PostPosted: Dec 05, 2013 - 09:09 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

you're right lonestar, it sounds very 50s, i'm going to make a rare exception with this one and keep it. i usually don't keep anything this new.

LoneStarStompOffline
Post subject: RE: bud landon and the rhythm masters  PostPosted: Dec 05, 2013 - 10:15 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

A buddy had tracked down the producer's widow, but nothing ever came of it. I tracked down another fellow associated with the the production of the label but managed to lose his contact info.

This particular record was the first one I found on Belle and has shown itself to be the most common release on the label. By the late 60s/early 70s Bud was recording for K-Ark and that sound was still there.

Here's a link to one of his K-Ark 45s and another Belle release.
http://lonestarstomp.blogspot.com/search?q=bud+landon

A piece or two of local trivia… Bud eventually opened a hamburger joint in the town of Andrews and his nephew was a bass player for the celebrated Odessa combo the Knights Bridge.

wurlitzer1450Offline
Post subject: RE: bud landon and the rhythm masters  PostPosted: Dec 05, 2013 - 11:44 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

great reading lonestar. i'm listening to "buds boogie" now. i have the darrell rhodes and the falcons 45 "4 oclock baby" on winston, it's very good.

LoneStarStompOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: bud landon and the rhythm masters  PostPosted: Dec 06, 2013 - 09:19 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

wurlitzer1450 wrote:
great reading lonestar. i'm listening to "buds boogie" now. i have the darrell rhodes and the falcons 45 "4 oclock baby" on winston, it's very good.

Shocked at Darrell Rhodes. Owning a 'market' copy of that 45 is a pipe dream. My only hope is a wild copy turning up. Not likely though.

wurlitzer1450Offline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: bud landon and the rhythm masters  PostPosted: Dec 06, 2013 - 10:40 AM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

i got mine in the collection i bought for the red moore 45 back in the 70s, it also contained the ridgecrest ep and many other great rockers.

Jump to: