The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
hrtshpdbox
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 07, 2013 - 10:21 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

rooster wrote:
Hrt,

Possible there was a "Pittsburgh Enchantments" and a "Detroit Enchantments"?

rooster

I mean, I just don't know. I'm thinking it's possible for group info to get blurred and mixed up over time, and incorrect info becoming the "history". That Elroy & the Excitements wouldn't have Elroy (Leroy) singing on their one record wouldn't make sense, nor would it make sense for Leroy to be "featured" on the Enchantments song without him being the singer. LOL, I've A-B'ed the two songs about ten times now, and I just don't see it being the same guy (I know, I know, I probably need to get a life).

Reply with quote Back to top
stephenjayeOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: the enchantments lonely heart  PostPosted: Dec 07, 2013 - 10:38 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

rooster wrote:
stephenjaye wrote:
Those "Damn CDs" were also issued on vinyl by Norton Records, perhaps you could cut them a bit of slack. Many of the songs on the three LP release also appeared on the original Mad Mike Moldies LPs that were issued in the 60s. Here's a link to some more info on Bob Mack and Mad Mike:

http://www.janceemusic.com/Mad_Mike/waxmuseum.htm

Relax...I have always called Damn CDs...Damn CDs, regardless of where, how or in what form the music on them was previously released. If you were to look around the RCG a little bit, I'm reasonably sure you will find other examples of my mentioning Damn CDs.

You, Stephenjaye, are the first member to take umbrage at my use of the phrase.

I am so sorry.

DAMN CDs
DAMN CDs
DAMN CDs

rooster

Good Grief! Pardon my every... Embarassed

Reply with quote Back to top
SID
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 07, 2013 - 10:45 AM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

I have several DamnED CD's. Like their early stuff the best. Smile