The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
hrtshpdbox
Post subject: 6 Cents, Free Shipping  PostPosted: Dec 07, 2013 - 07:34 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

http://www.ebay.com/itm/380718503605

At least it got two bids, would have been awful if it went for just a penny. I looked at the seller's feedback, most records were less than a dollar and included free shipping. I guess he makes it up on volume.*

* - that's a joke.

Reply with quote Back to top
camppOffline
Post subject: RE: 6 Cents, Free Shipping  PostPosted: Dec 08, 2013 - 07:59 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

I'm always suspicious that those free shipping on 1 cent deals are where someone is stealing postage at work. Can't figure out anything else.

hrtshpdbox
Post subject: Re: RE: 6 Cents, Free Shipping  PostPosted: Dec 08, 2013 - 08:06 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

campp wrote:
I'm always suspicious that those free shipping on 1 cent deals are where someone is stealing postage at work. Can't figure out anything else.

That makes sense. The first thing I ever sold on Ebay was a trumpet, and I took it to work to pack it up during my lunch break. One of the people at the office suggested I just use the company's FedEx account to send it, and said that everybody else shipped personal things on the firm's account. So, that one time, I did it, and because of the company's massive dealings with FedEx the cost was only 5 dollars (would have been about 25 if I'd brought it down to a FedEx office myself).

wurlitzer1450Offline
Post subject: Re: 6 Cents, Free Shipping  PostPosted: Dec 08, 2013 - 10:23 AM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

hrtshpdbox wrote:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/380718503605

At least it got two bids, would have been awful if it went for just a penny. I looked at the seller's feedback, most records were less than a dollar and included free shipping. I guess he makes it up on volume.*

* - that's a joke.
---- that's a joke? i've always operated that way, buy things for a dollar and sell them for 95 cents. you loose a little bit on each sale but you make it up in volume.

hrtshpdbox
Post subject: Re: 6 Cents, Free Shipping  PostPosted: Dec 08, 2013 - 10:33 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

wurlitzer1450 wrote:
hrtshpdbox wrote:

* - that's a joke.
---- that's a joke? i've always operated that way, buy things for a dollar and sell them for 95 cents. you loose a little bit on each sale but you make it up in volume.

You've heard that old-as-the-hills joke, but I felt it best to point it out lest someone respond that it doesn't make sense.

CactusCowboyOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: 6 Cents, Free Shipping  PostPosted: Dec 08, 2013 - 09:04 PM
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

No joke at all... the seller obviously works for the federal government, thus explaining his expertise in buying/selling/managing money.

Jump to: