The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MorningstarRecordsOffline
Post subject: VG- cover, guy wants partial refund for name written on it  PostPosted: Nov 30, 2012 - 04:14 PM
Level 4
Level 4

I sold a low number Beatles White Album the other day and had it listed as VG- cover. He asked me a question before buying it asking for pictures of inside of cover, and asked if there was writing or seam splits on the inside. I sent him pictures, and told him the inside was in decent shape. It gets delivered and he sends me a message stating he was disappointed because it had a name written on back. Sold it to him for $39.99 and he wanted a refund of $10. Instead of fighting him to return it to me, I went ahead and refunded $10 and will be promptly banning him from bidding.

What do people expect bidding on a cover with a VG- condition rating?

/rantover

Reply with quote Back to top
veganboyjoshOffline
Post subject: RE: VG- cover, guy wants partial refund for name written on  PostPosted: Nov 30, 2012 - 05:41 PM
Level 3
Level 3

was the name clearly visible in the photo? did you mention the writing in your correspondence with him?

$40 sounds like a lot for a record with writing on it, but you did rate it VG-.

heyjoeOffline
Post subject: RE: VG- cover, guy wants partial refund for name written on  PostPosted: Nov 30, 2012 - 08:23 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

It's better to disclose writing of any kind in your description. I agree he shouldn't expect much for VG- but the more defects you mention, the less likely you are to make a refund. I would not ban him either--it was not an unreasonable request.

maslikoOffline
Post subject: RE: VG- cover, guy wants partial refund for name written on  PostPosted: Dec 23, 2013 - 05:10 AM
Level 3
Level 3

I have done the same and would have done it also.

You should explain all these types of things it will only cause you grief in the end.You know vinyl buyers are as anal as can be(like me-).

I am hardcore now,because of the amount of times I've been ripped off by sellers for either bad grading,inflating postage or not usinf the service i paid for but OVER grading is the most common. Rolling Eyes

Jump to: