The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
WavetownskinOffline
Post subject: Value of Japanese Red Chet Atkins Album  PostPosted: Dec 30, 2013 - 08:42 PM
Level 1
Level 1

I have a red japanese "lets play guitar" chet atkins album. CSJ-367. I see the black vinyl ones selling well but cannot find any info on Red vinyl versions on line, or even an image...
Black versions I see are 1966
Anyone that knows about this record or has guidance to find the value please let me know

Reply with quote Back to top
CactusCowboyOffline
Post subject: RE: Value of Japanese Red Chet Atkins Album  PostPosted: Dec 30, 2013 - 09:18 PM
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

Hello and welcome to the RCG.

There's a "sticky" dealing with the subject of colored vinyl Asian pressings here:

http://www.recordcollectorsguild.org/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=8448

If you have a high quality Japanese pressing, there's probably decent resale value. If it's one of the cheaper colored vinyl discs with a crude and poorly made cover, there's likely minimal collector interest or resale value.

annaloogOffline
Post subject: Re: Value of Japanese Red Chet Atkins Album  PostPosted: Dec 31, 2013 - 08:22 PM
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

Wavetownskin wrote:
.... CSJ-367...
Crown Records issue from Taiwan; not Japanese. Have a look at the discussion CactusCowboy linked above.

Jump to: