The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
socorroOffline
Post subject: Beatles collectors: beware gabybutti and dmilecki  PostPosted: Dec 02, 2013 - 05:04 PM
Level 2
Level 2

These two ebay sellers are counterfeiting ripoff artists.

Dmilecki's specialty is fake Beatles acetates. I won't bother to go into chapter and verse. I hope it suffices to note that he seems to have a bottomless supply of acetates.

gabybutti started out selling completely made up "ultra rare" picture sleeves for singles from Bolivia and Paraguay. I'll simply note that there is no such thing as a Beatles record from Paraguay, period. These phony picture sleeves always come with beat up discs from Brazil.

More recently, gabybutti has sold fakes of: (1) stereo ad back Introducing The Beatles; (2) black & yellow export Abbey Road; (3) various "A" label Beatles demos; (4) rare greek picture sleeves.

Each of these characters has cheated their buyers out of tens of thousands of dollars for phony Beatles records in the past year alone.

I got wise without getting burned, but it pisses me off that these two crooks are poisoning the well.

Reply with quote Back to top
vinylvillela
Post subject: RE: Beatles collectors: beware gabybutti and dmilecki  PostPosted: Jan 16, 2014 - 08:04 AM
Level 5
Level 5

my grandfathers generation used to tar and feather snake oil salesmen.
he witnessed the last lynching, in my hometown back in the 30s

these days con artists have ebay accounts and paypal and thrive, it seems.

Reply with quote Back to top
Jump to: