The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
NavaronUKOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 22, 2012 - 06:24 AM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

for non deaers in the UK eBay charges 10%, Discogs has just upped it from 6% to 8%. Discogs is not perfect, but at the end of the day Discogs allows the option to make offers on items if they dont like the price.

for me eBay is perfect for buying not for selling. other people will obviosuly disagree

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
Reply with quote Back to top
hrtshpdbox
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 22, 2012 - 06:36 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

NavaronUK wrote:
for non deaers in the UK eBay charges 10%, Discogs has just upped it from 6% to 8%. Discogs is not perfect, but at the end of the day Discogs allows the option to make offers on items if they dont like the price.

Ebay does charge more for Buy It Now's than auctions, so that is a factor. There is a "make offer" option as well, if the seller wants that.

BgasOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 22, 2012 - 10:34 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

hrtshpdbox wrote:
NavaronUK wrote:

Ebay does charge more for Buy It Now's than auctions, so that is a factor. There is a "make offer" option as well, if the seller wants that.

can you get the "make Offer" without Buy It Now?

aravelOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 23, 2012 - 09:27 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

::.. You can upload BIN auctions with 'Best Offer' option, but you can ask for an inmediate payment...example.

I got this 12"EP of MJ & Sir Paul - BIN $40.00 a guy offers $1.00 WTF? Rolling Eyes

gypsyeyes wrote:

Now.......I know that aravel said that is an older photo of himself.
But let me tell ya, to me he looks pretty hot.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
zb420Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 02, 2012 - 02:02 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

NavaronUK wrote:
eBay is crap for this kind of stuff. They are always pro buyer. Even when you have tracking details. Often they insist it hasnt arrived and what can you do.. I have never dared sell anything valuable on eBay as (a) eBay take their pound of flesh and again using P{aypal. I have been on Discogs for a year now and its refreshing to see that its full of genuine collectors. Its not perfect but on the whole the calibre of people on there , record wise, is much better. The fees are slightly lower and people arent arseholes!!

Very so, so a-hole went postal on me and left negative feedback.
I called eBay and said this was not right and explain the situation to them

So what do these rocket scientists at eBay do, they hide the feedback but leave the negative red minus sign.
I brought down my % and I called them back ... it seems it didn't qualify for an entire erasure only a hide the comment but let me eat that minus sign.

I told them in the 12 years I 've been on eBay this has never happened to me and WHAT IS THE POINT OF LEAVING THAT NEGATIVE SIGN...?

They are very very pro-buyer and we are the one's that are making their dumb asses money, us the sellers.

ARGH!

maslikoOffline
Post subject: Re: Fuming at eBay Right Now...  PostPosted: Oct 10, 2012 - 03:26 AM
Level 3
Level 3

hrtshpdbox wrote:
beatles4sale wrote:

Is there any way I can dispute this decision?

No. The buyer says he didn't receive the item, and you can't prove that he did, end of story. It's happened to me twice in five years of selling; I don't even offer "trackable" options on international packages from the U.S. (the cost is sky-high, and I don't blame buyers for not wanting to pay that much). Most postal systems work, most buyers are honest - when something happens, all you can do is refund and move on.
Great advice........sellers take it.It aint worth all the stress and trouble and you will lose.Some sellers actually where the tracking & Sig so they have proof it was sent-I wouls also to do this on expensive items.

zb420Offline
Post subject: Re: Fuming at eBay Right Now...  PostPosted: Oct 10, 2012 - 09:27 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

masliko wrote:
Some sellers actually where the tracking & Sig so they have proof it was sent-I wouls also to do this on expensive items.

This is the only way I will ship overseas these days.

vinylvillela
Post subject: RE: Re: Fuming at eBay Right Now...  PostPosted: Jan 16, 2014 - 10:09 PM
Level 5
Level 5

i like the customers who walk into our store a lot more each time i read threads like this.

support your local mom and pop record stores.

Jump to: