The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
scatterplotOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 21, 2012 - 10:13 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

That is interesting to know. I havn't bought off Discogs yet......but with this feedback I will now. About a week ago I ordered 9 albums from my fav. seller on ebay. When he sent me a message that the "new total for combined shipping" was available, the message also had him venting his frustration about the economy. I thought about replying "WTF? Is this professional behavior for a seller? How long have you been off your meds?" But I left it alone. Maybe he was drunk or something, just hope he packaged them with his usual flair. Next time I'll buy from Discogs, but this guy has sold me at least 25-30 albums in the past. Jim

discogs.com/user/scatterplot

Reply with quote Back to top
peridot~deuxOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 20, 2014 - 02:32 PM
Level 2
Level 2

I told a fellow fan about Discogs-mostly as a great buying resource. He took the flag and ran contributing MANY items. What gets me is the constant negativity he receives in his contributions. Granted the friend and I are merely Fleetwood Mac/Stevie Nicks collectors, so that is the only artist/info we are efficient on-but their replies are "REALLY??? Look at the item again and make proper adjustments!" I have wanted to contribute-but again only have a small pocket of info, but see SO many gaps that maybe other FM/SN collectors would like to be in the know about.
Ironically-they posted a job listing, and the location is a stones throw from where I live. Had all this not happened, it would seriously be the dream job Sad
Still-the marketplace is mecca!!!

Reply with quote Back to top
Jump to: