The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
wurlitzer1450Offline
Post subject: granny's mini skirt  PostPosted: Jan 22, 2014 - 10:23 AM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

i usually don't keep records this new but i'm a big beverly hillbillies fan

Reply with quote Back to top
LoneStarStompOffline
Post subject: RE: granny  PostPosted: Jan 22, 2014 - 09:45 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

There were a few covers of this… I think I have at least two in my collection. Do not have this one though. Neato label.

annaloogOffline
Post subject: RE: granny  PostPosted: Jan 22, 2014 - 11:41 PM
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

I note the Wally Fowler credit ... he was more into gospel music production. I don't recall running across this one locally.

Heidler
Post subject: granny's mini skirt  PostPosted: Jan 23, 2014 - 04:58 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

wurlitzer1450.

Nice example ! ( as usual )
Why oh why did people write on labels!

Anyway, I remember this getting some airplay here ( I think in mid-1968 or 9 )
Also, I saw this with a picture sleeve some years ago at a record fair out in Pasadena and I remember it being on that label ( NASHville-HollyWOOD )

As a rule, I don't collect " novelty " records of any sort, but after seeing your posted example, I remembered somewhere my box with assorted LPs and there is one with the cast of The Beverly Hillbillies on Columbia produced by Don Law.
( I'm sure there are more )

During his pre-Jed Clampett days, Buddy Ebsen used to hang-out at the old Bob Ross studio on Selma ( 6130 )
Ebsen had been out at the Disney Studio out in Burbank co-starring with Fess Parker, and filming "The Adventures Of Davy Crockett " and it was he that encouraged Ross to co-write " Rock It, Davy, Rock It " as released by The Jaguars in 1955, initially on Ross' new label Aardell* ( #0002 )
( *Bob Ross would later change his imprint to " R-Dell " )

Both Parker and Ebsen, along with comedian Stan Freberg could often be seen at the small studio " always kicking around ideas " and " having a laugh "
I once saw Jack Smith ( later host of " Queen For A Day " ) leaving the building and strolling down Selma with another chap.

In addition, post- " Elly May Clampett "...Miss Donna Douglas used to work in the real-estate office here in Bear Valley Springs.
( I saw her in the office selling the properties in 1977, so I'm not really sure they weren't using her just for promotional purposes, but it looked to me like she was actually selling the parcels of land to some people )

When it warms up a bit, this one is going for a " sail " over the mountain ( along with a few others...Somebody's picking these things up, so I am not littering )

" Come and listen to my story 'bout a man named Jed "
" I promise when he ' sails '
" He don't hit no critters on the head "

H

Jump to: