The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
sandellOffline
Post subject: Who buys empty Black Sabbath album covers?  PostPosted: Oct 15, 2013 - 06:36 PM
Level 4
Level 4

Hello, I have empty Black Sabbath album covers--what sites look for empty covers in general. Thanks

Reply with quote Back to top
CactusCowboyOffline
Post subject: RE: Who buys empty Black Sabbath album covers?  PostPosted: Dec 14, 2013 - 10:47 PM
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

I've seen and talked to a few people buying TUC (the usual crap) records in thrift shops for wall decoration, with no interest in the music. So there must be a market. I wouldn't expect to make much money doing this though. I sell dupe and unwanted LPs at a local consignment thrift shop and Beatles records will always sell no matter how badly trashed the vinyl is. I think it's the cover that's selling for two bucks.

mayerrOffline
Post subject: RE: Who buys empty Black Sabbath album covers?  PostPosted: Dec 15, 2013 - 12:51 PM
Level 3
Level 3

IHaven't seen a site but what I've done is keep themin case you are rummaging thru flea markets and come across an immaculate record with an average cover. Then you can replace the average cover with something better and sell it at a higher value.

wurlitzer1450Offline
Post subject: Re: Who buys empty Black Sabbath album covers?  PostPosted: Feb 09, 2014 - 07:09 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

sandell wrote:
Hello, I have empty Black Sabbath album covers--what sites look for empty covers in general. Thanks

try selling them to the people who stole the records from the covers in the first place. black sabbath was one of the most thieved artists when i had the record shops.

camppOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: Who buys empty Black Sabbath album covers?  PostPosted: Feb 10, 2014 - 01:00 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

I have a thing against throwing out NICE jackets with no records. They make good crate liners, and can also be used as packing when shipping LPs. Also, I ship discs inside orphan jackets so they don't cause seam split.

wurlitzer1450Offline
Post subject: RE: Re: Who buys empty Black Sabbath album covers?  PostPosted: Feb 10, 2014 - 05:09 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

good idea campp, i use them for that also and they can be used to protect 78s for transport. if you live down south or back east and your car heater isn't putting out enough heat use one of those double lp covers to put in front of your radiator. just be sure you only cover the bottom one third or so.

Jump to: