The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
bminnhOffline
Post subject: Large Record Collection For Sale  PostPosted: Mar 04, 2014 - 07:13 PM
Level 1
Level 1

My mom is selling a collection that my dad had. He passed away, and my mom doesn't want to take the time to sell them a little at a time. She is selling aprox. 11,000 single 45's. All in mint to near mint, in sleeves, not picture sleeves though. Most of these came from a radio station, so there a lot of vee-jay/d-j/promo's. Most of them are Rock and Roll and they are mostly from the 50's and 60's, but also up to 1985. The record are in northern Georgia. Anyone interested please contact me bradymaynard@yahoo.com.

Reply with quote Back to top
aravelOffline
Post subject: RE: Large Record Collection For Sale  PostPosted: Mar 05, 2014 - 12:48 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

:::.... sounds like someone will have cash soon...

gypsyeyes wrote:

Now.......I know that aravel said that is an older photo of himself.
But let me tell ya, to me he looks pretty hot.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
StephenMacLeodOffline
Post subject: RE: Large Record Collection For Sale  PostPosted: Mar 06, 2014 - 05:02 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

good luck to whoever gets these,sounds like a nice collection.

45rpmOffline
Post subject: RE: Large Record Collection For Sale  PostPosted: Mar 10, 2014 - 04:01 PM
Level 5
Level 5

This same collection was offered in July of 2013 as well but they still have it. My guess is that it isn't as nice as it might sound.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address  
wurlitzer1450Offline
Post subject: RE: Large Record Collection For Sale  PostPosted: Mar 17, 2014 - 06:04 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

ty 45rpm for confirming my suspicions about this collection, when i talked to the guy on the phone things just didn't add up right.

bminnhOffline
Post subject: RE: Large Record Collection For Sale  PostPosted: Apr 29, 2014 - 09:47 AM
Level 1
Level 1

I'm not sure if this is the same collection that was offered in July 2013, because I don't remember posting it. The reason the collection is still for sale, is because neither me or my mom are sure how to sell it, or what to ask. No one has come to look at them. Yes this is a great collection, for the right person. I just talked to my mom and she is willing to lower her price to $20,000 O.B.O. If anyone is still interested.

throbbingpuppyOffline
Post subject: RE: Large Record Collection For Sale  PostPosted: Apr 29, 2014 - 11:09 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Your best be to get high return is to part it out , but that will require you to research each record and sell them yourself. Failing that, someone will need to do that work for you, so I doubt you will find anyone willing to spend 20,000 at one time on 11,000 singles. Best of luck with selling them whatever you decide to do.

vinylvillela
Post subject: RE: Large Record Collection For Sale  PostPosted: Apr 29, 2014 - 07:34 PM
Level 5
Level 5

unrealistic at best.

you'd be better off selling it in genre lots.

you'll never sell it for that. sorry to burst your bubble,
but someone needs to.

i miss the old days before ebay when records weren't thought of as gold.

wurlitzer1450Offline
Post subject: RE: Large Record Collection For Sale  PostPosted: Apr 30, 2014 - 08:12 AM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

i would gladly pay 20K for 20,000 45s if there were enough good ones in the lot to make it worthwhile. there's something wrong with a collection of this size that doesn't contain at least several hundred good records, makes me think someone like me has looked thru it and bought the best ones for a higher price.

45rpmOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Large Record Collection For Sale  PostPosted: May 14, 2014 - 11:08 AM
Level 5
Level 5

bminnh wrote:
I'm not sure if this is the same collection that was offered in July 2013, because I don't remember posting it. The reason the collection is still for sale, is because neither me or my mom are sure how to sell it, or what to ask. No one has come to look at them. Yes this is a great collection, for the right person. I just talked to my mom and she is willing to lower her price to $20,000 O.B.O. If anyone is still interested.

Memory refresher:

Quote:
http://www.recordcollectorsguild.org/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=580538&highlight=#580538

bminnh wrote:
I am selling a collection of around 11,000 45's that range from 1948 to 1985 most are in great if not better condition. some are vee-jay or promo copies, mostly rock and roll. Elvis, Beatles, Beach Boys. all the way up to 1980's like Duran Duran and Cindy lauper. I have a complete list of everything included with record numbers. Please send me an E-Mail if interested @ bradymaynard@yahoo.com

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address  
Jump to: