The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
CaptainzenOffline
Post subject: Just a suggestion to Site management  PostPosted: Oct 23, 2013 - 07:01 PM
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

This the type of forum I can enjoy, talking about real music. Music that took a little more work than nowadays. And sounds a lot better too.
So I would like to make a suggestion, that this Site should have an online live chat box in the this LOUNGE window for instance. That way we could talk(write) live to others.
That sure would be great.

Back again soon....

Zen Wink

Reply with quote Back to top
Bush Monkey
Post subject: RE: Just a suggestion to Site management  PostPosted: Oct 23, 2013 - 08:28 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

The site used to have live chat several years ago for a short time. I can't remember why it discontinued.

GraemeOffline
Post subject: RE: Just a suggestion to Site management  PostPosted: Oct 23, 2013 - 08:47 PM
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

Most likely through lack of use. Chat rarely works well on this type of forum.

rooster
Post subject: RE: Just a suggestion to Site management  PostPosted: Oct 24, 2013 - 05:13 AM
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

And one of the reasons that it wasn't used that much was that our members are residing in many different time zones across this great green-brown mudball we call Earth. Logistics, Logistics, Logistics. The core members couldn't seem to get together at the same moment to chat very often.

rooster

AudioGasoline
Post subject: Re: RE: Just a suggestion to Site management  PostPosted: Oct 24, 2013 - 01:36 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

rooster wrote:
And one of the reasons that it wasn't used that much was that our members are residing in many different time zones across this great green-brown mudball we call Earth. Logistics, Logistics, Logistics. The core members couldn't seem to get together at the same moment to chat very often.

Perhaps the Guild has grown to the point where this might not be a hindrance any more? How long ago was Chat active here? I see some threads move very fast sometimes.

(side note, should this thread maybe belong in the Comments/Suggestions forum?)

Audio Gasoline: High Performance Turntable Fuel

ChadFromCanadaOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Just a suggestion to Site management  PostPosted: Oct 26, 2013 - 03:14 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Someone could start an IRC chat on a free server, or perhaps host a java version of it so people can connect through their browser.

vinylvillela
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Just a suggestion to Site management  PostPosted: Mar 04, 2014 - 07:44 PM
Level 5
Level 5

been there, done that. waste of time.
merely my experience.

my opinion is chat could be useful in certain instances.
(customer service, etc)

Jump to: