The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JesseemeOffline
Post subject: Label error on the Target exclusive The 20/20 Experience.  PostPosted: Mar 11, 2014 - 09:52 PM
Level 2
Level 2

Just bought a few sealed copies of The 20/20 Experience 2 of 2 from Goodwill and opened one for myself and saw that there is a pretty glaring label error on one of the records. It's a double lp with an included 7", the other 2 records are normal. The pictures I took are too big to be attachments. " You can see them here.http://imgur.com/a/UCErm

I guess my question is, is there any market for label errors? I know there is for things like cards but I'm not too sure about records.

Reply with quote Back to top
Storyville12Offline
Post subject: RE: Label error on the Target exclusive The 20/20 Experience  PostPosted: Mar 11, 2014 - 11:54 PM
Level 2
Level 2

That is bizarre, I have never seen anything quite like that. I would imagine the value is subjective since this falls into the category of a novelty or niche collectable. Considering it is a modern artist, I would think there would be less of a collector's market than there would for say a Beatles LP error or something that has been around for years with few if any errors known / found. However, on the flip side the fact that it is Justin Timberlake means that there might be a small market for it with fans of his music. In my experience, the people who would be listening to Justin Timberlake would probably be less of a vinyl collector and more interested in the artist and music associated with it, considering his audience is made up of a majority of younger individuals born after the record era.

Very cool item either way though! I wish you the best of luck if you decide to sell.

Reply with quote Back to top
Jump to: