The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PetarjovanicOffline
Post subject: Reply  PostPosted: Mar 16, 2014 - 02:03 PM
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

Sorry perhaps I should of made myself clearer.

What I meant when i said visually - is if the record had any scratches that could have been causing pops or crackles. I wasn't trying to defend my grading - i was simply trying to work out if the record had a build up of static on it.

If a record is sealed and the owner opens it and it plays like crap because of crackles and pops associated with static what are you to do? Refund money because they don't understand how to remove static? The record was mint?

Are you guys aware of anything else that could be causing pop crackles and surface noise other then static? If the record is mint visually i'm unsure what it could be.

Reply with quote Back to top
PetarjovanicOffline
Post subject: Update  PostPosted: Mar 16, 2014 - 04:04 PM
Level 5
Level 5

Below is what came in this morning.

Hello, my needle is always cleaned and antistatic. My records are all cleaned with a professional washing machine and the associated liquid. All other records play top. Because I listen to my records almost exclusively through headphones, the annoying noise and the crackling can be heard very clearly. Viewed under a lamp is the record clean.

Reply with quote Back to top
Jump to: