The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
frogjamesOffline
Post subject: signed ramones original pressing  PostPosted: Mar 17, 2014 - 06:09 PM
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking to price a ramones "self titled" lp that I was given. It belonged to a family member that had passed away a few years ago so I've ventured onto the interwebs to gather info on it. It seems to be an originl pressing (catalog #: sasd-7520, released on sire records and marketed by ABC records in 1976). Also its signed by the original members on the front of the record. Everything is in great condition although the corners of the jacket are wrinkled a bit.

Is there anyone knowledgeable enough here to give me a ballpark price that I should price it at? I have found only one signed ramones first pressing, although it is the record they released after their self titled, going for around 1500, however I am not sure if the seller is pricing it correctly.

Reply with quote Back to top
throbbingpuppyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 17, 2014 - 07:53 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Given the signatures look good and are genuine, I think you can expect to get 150 - 200 for it.

camppOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 18, 2014 - 08:43 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

I have a signed Road To Ruin. Never thought about the value, but yeah... We've lost some Ramones.

frogjamesOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 22, 2014 - 04:52 PM
Level 1
Level 1

Any suggestions on good places to sell? Ebay comes to mind but im sure there are better places. I'd probably honestly start it much higher than 150/200.

vinylvillela
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 23, 2014 - 07:02 PM
Level 5
Level 5

my brothers band opened up for them when they played in new orleans years ago.

geo58000Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 23, 2014 - 09:37 PM
Level 5
Level 5

I had the Ramones first 2 LP's (on Sire/ABC) autographed by the 1st line up of the band back in January of 1977...in what must have been a "Spinal Tap Moment" for the band...
A buddy of mine and I were two of 8 people that showed up for their autograph signing session at The Wherehouse in San Jose, CA. ....and one of the guys there didn't even know who they were. He'd just heard there was some band autographing records.
We (Us plus Joey & Johnny) made the best of it, shooting the BS about '60's rock and other topics for about an hour....
Dee Dee and Danny Fields got into an argument because Fields was giving away copies of "Leave Home", and Dee Dee was pissed off, saying "What, we gotta give 'em away?"
To which Fields replied: "sh*t, there's only 8 people here, just give 'em some free records!...and give 'em an autograph!"
Still got both of those LP's!

CactusCowboyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 24, 2014 - 11:30 AM
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

geo58000 wrote:
I had the Ramones first 2 LP's (on Sire/ABC) autographed by the 1st line up of the band back in January of 1977...in what must have been a "Spinal Tap Moment" for the band...
A buddy of mine and I were two of 8 people that showed up for their autograph signing session at The Wherehouse in San Jose, CA. ....and one of the guys there didn't even know who they were. He'd just heard there was some band autographing records.
We (Us plus Joey & Johnny) made the best of it, shooting the BS about '60's rock and other topics for about an hour....
Dee Dee and Danny Fields got into an argument because Fields was giving away copies of "Leave Home", and Dee Dee was pissed off, saying "What, we gotta give 'em away?"
To which Fields replied: "sh*t, there's only 8 people here, just give 'em some free records!...and give 'em an autograph!"
Still got both of those LP's!

Great story! Smile

Jump to: