The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
recordfan
Post subject: Black and Silver Decca "MY Bonnie"  PostPosted: Apr 19, 2014 - 08:49 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

As far as I know, the only ways this came out in the "U.S" was as a pink promo and the colored stock copy, not as a black and silver with star label. There is a black and silver "Canadian" issue, but I think it says made in Canada somewhere on the label. I can't see any mention of Canada on this one So, what goes on here?

http://collectorsfrenzy.com/details/261451081490/Tony_Sheridan_The_Beat_Brothers_My_Bonnie__The_Saints_1962_Decca_4531382_NM

Reply with quote Back to top
annaloogOffline
Post subject: RE: Black and Silver Decca "MY Bonnie"  PostPosted: Apr 20, 2014 - 01:36 AM
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

The entry notes for this Decca 31382 indicate that the black label pressing is a counterfeit. Technically, it isn't a counterfeit since a legit. US copy with black Decca labels was never issued ... the black labels have been counterfeited, however.

BTW, Canadian copies do have the black labels, with "Compo Co. Ltd., Canada" in the top rim print.

wurlitzer1450Offline
Post subject: Black and Silver Decca "MY Bonnie"  PostPosted: Apr 20, 2014 - 08:41 AM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

interesting that it has stamped numbers in the dead wax, wish i could see them. it's amazing it sold for 1000 dollars while other beatles stuff is way down in value. all the decca boots i've seen don't have stamped dead wax numbers.

namralosOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 20, 2014 - 12:04 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

The labels are definitely counterfeit.

If the record is genuine, it means that someone was trying to pass off a less scarce promotional copy for the rarer commercial copy. Still...why ruin a nice $1500 record?
Maybe the labels were beat up.

There are also fakes with the commercial Decca (color band) label.

If the stamping isn't correct, then the record in the ad might be counterfeit, too.

recordfan
Post subject: Re: Black and Silver Decca "MY Bonnie"  PostPosted: Apr 25, 2014 - 11:37 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

recordfan wrote:
As far as I know, the only ways this came out in the "U.S" was as a pink promo and the colored stock copy, not as a black and silver with star label. There is a black and silver "Canadian" issue, but I think it says made in Canada somewhere on the label. I can't see any mention of Canada on this one So, what goes on here?

http://collectorsfrenzy.com/details/261451081490/Tony_Sheridan_The_Beat_Brothers_My_Bonnie__The_Saints_1962_Decca_4531382_NM

Here is a real one that just showed up. Notice it does say Canada on the label.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121324847551

namralosOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 26, 2014 - 10:19 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

That's an authentic Canadian copy. VERY RARE.

Jump to: