The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
jameswa1Offline
Post subject: SELLING at Discogs  PostPosted: Apr 30, 2014 - 01:44 PM
Level 1
Level 1

I want to sell my records in DISCOGS.

I don't understand shipping costs.

I went in as a BUYER and noticed every record has a price and says "plus shipping" but they won't say what the shipping price is. I added a record to my cart and they still don't list shipping, they say "Shipping: Seller to provide".

I just want to set my shipping prices as a seller inline with every other seller, but it appears I have to contact the seller after placing my order to find out shipping.

Seems ridiculous, what if they charge $50? How do I find out what the sellers are charging for shipping?

Reply with quote Back to top
j_loopOffline
Post subject: RE: SELLING at Discogs  PostPosted: Apr 30, 2014 - 02:32 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

If you're looking at the "for sale" page, under "add to cart" is "details." Chick there and most sellers will have a shipping policy listed. Some sellers may ask that you contact them first etc...especially if you're in a different country. Discogs has nothing to do with shipping of the cost thereof, so it's basically up to the buyer & seller to figure it out. Most sellers are up front, but some aren't. And if you're blindsided by a high shipping charge simply ask the seller to cancel the transaction, it's not like you're forced to pay it. (and they shouldn't leave you a negative for that)

After you place your order the seller has to send you an invoice before you can pay. A bit roundabout, but Discogs has no interest in getting involved with shipping and I don't blame them.

throbbingpuppyOffline
Post subject: RE: SELLING at Discogs  PostPosted: Apr 30, 2014 - 05:33 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

If you click on the sellers name you should see "View shipping and payment terms" link. That is where sellers specify their shipping.

Jump to: