The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
AudioGasoline
Post subject: Library Of Congress National Jukebox  PostPosted: May 02, 2014 - 01:39 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

It must have been there a while, but I just recently found it and can't stay away. Digital archives of many thousands of direct from 78 recordings, especially heavy on early Victor releases. Upcoming additions will be runs on the Columbia and Okeh catalogs. Full discographical info on most listings, like: catalog numbers, matrices, recording date and label scans. Not as much fun as spinning the real thing, but way more material than most of us can hope to accumulate on our own. Even found a few new artists to watch for in my digging travels, which is always nice.

http://www.loc.gov/jukebox/

Reply with quote Back to top
KaiwazaOffline
Post subject: RE: Library Of Congress National Jukebox  PostPosted: May 03, 2014 - 01:57 AM
Level 5
Level 5

OMG. Never heard of it before. Absolutely AMAZING!! Thank you for posting this. It was GREAT to hear a few recordings of songs I've only seen sheet music for (and I don't read music..Smile )

Reply with quote Back to top
Jump to: