The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
VonnieOffline
Post subject: Buddy Holly album with handwritten note  PostPosted: May 10, 2014 - 12:11 PM
Level 1
Level 1

Hello ! I found an album, The Buddy Holly Story Vol 2 with Maroon label at a yard sale and it has a handwritten note on it. The note at the top left looks like it says

Loretta ( this could be wrong )

The first album went to you, with this, the second album goes to you. Buddy loved you and believed in you and one song he wrote for you True Love Ways. Thank you for being so kind I will always remember and love you. ___ Mrs Holly ____

The album cover is not in good shape, but I am wondering if the handwritten note could be real ? I know Buddy's wife's name was Maria and on this note it looks like it is written to Loretta ?

If anyone has any ideas on this I would appreciate it. And thanks !

Reply with quote Back to top
geo58000Offline
Post subject: RE: Buddy Holly album with handwritten note  PostPosted: May 11, 2014 - 12:34 PM
Level 5
Level 5

That's a pretty interesting yard sale find.
Here's a sample of Buddy's parents' signatures; note that the family name is actually spelled "Holley".
http://www.icollector.com/Buddy-Holly-Autographed-45-Record_i10845129

Reply with quote Back to top
Jump to: