The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
annaloogOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 22, 2004 - 12:57 PM
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

Nitro wrote:
I'm curious why there would be a promo version of a greatest hits album, though.

Probably because all the radio stations' other copies of "Satisfaction" were worn out. Wink

keelerphoto - That appears to be a regular, retail copy label on the disk. Does the disk label indicate it's a promo?

Reply with quote Back to top
keelerphoto
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 22, 2004 - 03:01 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

promo means: free to DJs(radio stations) /free to giveaways (to anyone who can promote sale of this record)/ to promote the record for sales/ Shocked

HNOGA
Post subject: Digitally Remastered HOT ROCKS  PostPosted: Oct 28, 2004 - 09:03 PM
Former Member

I've read through your discussion and did not find anything about my Hot Rocks albums and I was hoping maybe one of you could assist me. I have been watching the ebay listings as well and one just went for $455 - a promo, see link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4045899355&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

My album is in brand new condition - not a scratch or a single worn area on the jacket. It has the 11018, no Shelly though, and has red (not blue) London lables and is digitally remasterd from the original master recording. Any guesses on this would be most helpful.

verygoodplus
Post subject: RE: Digitally Remastered HOT ROCKS  PostPosted: Dec 19, 2008 - 08:02 AM
Level 5
Level 5

For the sake of those searching for similar information within the RCG web site:

http://www.recordcollectorsguild.org/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=49229

Thanks to everyone for the information sharing. You rock. Pun intended.

CH2CHOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 05, 2009 - 02:34 PM
Level 5
Level 5

Hey guys, You caught my interest On Hot Rocks. I have the album with 11-18-71 inscribed as well as shelley. Its in fair-good shape I guess. Few scratches but plays really nice. Has both the original sleeves for the records too. What whould you say it would be worth? Not looking to sell just curious.

CH2:CH; -- called also vinyl. See Vinyl.
[1913 Webster]

bahnghitOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 06, 2012 - 01:59 PM
Level 1
Level 1

Can someone help me with this?.....I'm having the most difficult time in pin pointing this particular copy of "Hot Rocks"

It's a gate fold double album in supreme condition, plain white inner protection sleeves and has a pamphlet in it called, "211 Reasons Why The Rolling Stones Is The Greatest Rock N Roll Band" it is unlike any i can find, Richards name misspelled(no 's')-does not have "Shelly" etched in.....it has other etchings I've not seen described anywhere...
I wonder why no one mentions the misspelling of Richards....
This one seems to be completely different than any version I've seen described on the internet...none of the pictures of the many different labels I've seen match mine...HELP!

Picture 003.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  14.68 KB
 Viewed:  2531 Time(s)

Picture 003.jpg

bkOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 28, 2013 - 05:55 PM
Level 1
Level 1

I also have copies of this album. One of them has Shelley on sides 3 and 4 but the December dates. Sides 1 and 2 have the November dates. Heh, it's NOT the one. Cool, I like the music. The other one is clearly not the one.

The one 'definitely' has shelley on side 4 with the November 18 date. I say definitely because there are so many versions with shelley here or there with this date or that. From what I understand this version is very rare. Rare as in there are maybe 2 left floating around. it's likely you do NOT have it Wink They released startlingly few in the 2 weeks they ran that version. It may even have been less time. There are numerous sources on the web dealing with the lore of this album.

This guy claims to have it, though:
http://boston.craigslist.org/sob/clt/4222560148.html

hrtshpdbox
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 28, 2013 - 06:01 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Several "former members" on this old, old thread; all the same guy trying to hawk a record they really didn't have, I guess?

B_big.Offline
7 Post subject: Fake value of compilations  PostPosted: Dec 30, 2013 - 04:43 AM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

hrtshpdbox wrote:
Several "former members" on this old, old thread; all the same guy trying to hawk a record they really didn't have, I guess?

( ( ( ( ( ((((((( .
    What I wonder is, do one really need this album, when you have all the original 7-inch picture sleeve singles and albums?? Of course I belong to this lucky group of collectors, I'm old enough, so I bought 'em all at the time of their release. Twisted Evil
    (How about to calculate, the value, all these original releases do have?) By the way, I won't sell a single record of these little gems.

the fine art of record cover & sleeve & more
berlin/germany/europe/planet earth/milky way/universe

CliveOffline
Post subject: RE: Fake value of compilations  PostPosted: May 13, 2014 - 09:07 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

I lucked out on vacation today and found a Side 4 Shelley 11-18-71 pressing today - my first time looking for one. When I slid it out of the jacket and spotted that, I nearly flipped. I plunked down my $10 and got out of there. When I got to the hotel, I discovered that the other LP was actually another side 3/4, but not with the 11-18-71 inscription on side 4. So now I'll have to look for another copy from that era, just to Frankenstein together a proper edition.

Jump to: